Merging Small Package and Freight Account Managers

CamelToeIsABitch

It seems obvious that UPS is going to merge the 2 sales teams together or lay off the Freight Account Managers. Why else would they be training Small Package on how to sell Freight. Those SOB's think we're all stupid. Little do they know that everyone has figure it out.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
It seems obvious that UPS is going to merge the 2 sales teams together or lay off the Freight Account Managers. Why else would they be training Small Package on how to sell Freight. Those SOB's think we're all stupid. Little do they know that everyone has figure it out.

Duality is something every company looks at when time comes for creative cost savings. Remember the movie "Office Space"? They brought in a "consultant" to see what exactly is everyone's role in making the company profitable and streamlining costs. One of the memorable lines was when Bob and Bob would ask.."Just what exactly do you do here?". Why not pare down the sales force? You really only need one person to offer the services we have and try to get the customer to agree on a "bundle" package covering all package,freight,heavyweight and International. I was surprised to hear sales can't "cross sell". It would make account execs look one dimensional.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Your wife already took care of that.
469230.gif

Is that why you were walking funny at end of the day?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Duality is something every company looks at when time comes for creative cost savings. Remember the movie "Office Space"? They brought in a "consultant" to see what exactly is everyone's role in making the company profitable and streamlining costs. One of the memorable lines was when Bob and Bob would ask.."Just what exactly do you do here?". Why not pare down the sales force? You really only need one person to offer the services we have and try to get the customer to agree on a "bundle" package covering all package,freight,heavyweight and International. I was surprised to hear sales can't "cross sell". It would make account execs look one dimensional.
I'm sure many customers ship both and would rather talk to just 1 person.