Merit Increase Rumor

ifreak

Even before the Coronavirus pandemic I heard that in addition to the low MIP factor, there would be no merit increases this year. Anyone hear anything about that?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Anyone else think "Merit increases" were more smoke breaks from the increasing stress
large960_blur-02426a57224753d7f03387c4920852cc.jpg

They funded this years raise with the MIP money they stole. New trick this year...if you are over 110 percent of your job grades pay range you only get 2% max. To add to the screw this money is provided as a monthly bonus not added to your base (no more compounding for you) . Over time no one will earn more than 110 of your pay grade. Now calculate how this tricky math impacts your pension ...especially if you have 5-8 years left! With this new language an "acceptable" pay rating gets you the max 2% raise...no need to work toward "strong or exceptional performer" anymore. This change is going to leave a mark on those over 40....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Last time I checked management's retirement benefits is based on your last best five years over a ten year period paid at 50% of your base salary.

Are the MIP, RSU or Merit bonuses also included with that 50% on your final retirement benefits?

Let us say a two unit manager retires today with 30 years and clears 130,000 on average in their last 5 years, how much would they clear on a annually basis, including the addition perks?

CHEMA-DELMA

I drove LTL and truckloads in New England for 10 years, then went to UPS as a package car drive for about 18 months, I took the "tie" and became a Feeder Trainer, we used to get the same % increase as the union did then all of a sudden that stopped. The raise discussion was never a pleasant one, Always less than I expected. Can't complain about UPS , I had 30 years never missed a paycheck, got out at 57. Not enjoying a modest pension.