Meter Shipments for Dom and Intl Shipments

P1 Lates

Do any of you still have companies that refuse to use meter and instead like to write all the airwaybills by hand? Also, I still have some shippers that use airbills and envelopes that look circa 1980's.

I think all of us would like to see airbill batching a thing of the past. This poor receptionist sends out every other day 2 -3 Dom and 3 Intl shipments handwritten and she only smiles when I say you can save so much time and carpal tunnel injury if you just let the website do the work for you.

Lucho Kaiser

I have approx 10 customers who do this, most dont send more then a dozen packages a week. I think its just generation thing, all of the ones I have doing this are 55+ aged owners/receptionist who just seem to prefer it over computers, to them doing by computer takes longer.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
You can lead a horse to water.
I at least try to convert people to the latest air bills. I tell them, "Oh, we don't use those anymore. Here's a stack of the new ones".

SmithBarney

Several Solutions I've used.
First tell them it saves them money actually it does AB shipments cost more than metered
Tell them they can save all their addresses online

If that doesn't work, find the boss(or decision maker) and point out how "MUCH you could save"
people love to save money..bosses especially like to save money.

At my old Station I converted all my pickups to Metered(cept the occasional dropbox)
At my current station, almost all of my international shippers have changed and i get a couple from the
local ShipitALL(like a Kinko's) store. Also have them all trained to fill out CI for everything that way "customs in the other
country has less of an excuse to send it back"

Don't get started on the new air-bills, I can't tell you how many customers were pissed because they accidentally checked
First Overnight, then they got the bill... another wondrous move by Engineering, along with moving the slit on the envelopes
now Airbills fall right out when people drop the letter in the dropbox (I've found putting the Astra over the slit to secure it helps)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Most customers who don't want to learn how to use FedExship are basically just lazy.

It's like sweating blood trying to get them to change.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Refuse that crap...if it's not metered, don't take it! ...lol

That's the way it should work but all it takes is for the customer to call up and then in less than a minute dispatch will be telling you to go back there and accept it.

Customers should be given a deadline to switch over to either FedExship or Powership. This isn't 1990 anymore.