MetLife

705red

Browncafe Steward
I just went through todays mail and i came across trash mail from MetLife. But something caught my eye! On the top of the card it says in big bold letters, "UPSers will find new ways to save!"

Are you kidding me?! Ups is now giving out our information to outside agencies so they can send us mailings? This is a horrible breach of my information and at no time have i ever giving ups this permission!

I was wondering if anyone else has received this?

We should start a class action lawsuit against ups for this! My information is exactly that! MINE!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just went through todays mail and i came across trash mail from MetLife. But something caught my eye! On the top of the card it says in big bold letters, "UPSers will find new ways to save!"

Are you kidding me?! Ups is now giving out our information to outside agencies so they can send us mailings? This is a horrible breach of my information and at no time have i ever giving ups this permission!

We should start a class action lawsuit against ups for this! My information is exactly that! MINE!

Teamsters provided the information to MetLife.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's true, our local signed up for this accident/ dismemberment. We get something for free, and the catch is, they come out and try to sell you some other policy. The guy was up front with us. We took the freebie and let the other part slide.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I received something separate from the teamsters, for extra life insurance, which i did sign up for. However it was not through metlife. This is not offering us anything free as in extra free coverage like what i received from the teamsters.

I am not condoning either side doing this. My information is mine and neither party has the right to give out my info!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is old news Red.
Been receiving offers from Liberty Mutual for years.
By the way, Im currently with LM for all my insurance needs.
They still solicite me several times a year.
This tells me that its a mailer to all UPS employees from UPS provided info.
They are worded as a special offer to UPSers.

Lets see you blame that one on the Teamsters, Hoaxster.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is old news Red.
Been receiving offers from Liberty Mutual for years.
By the way, Im currently with LM for all my insurance needs.
They still solicite me several times a year.
This tells me that its a mailer to all UPS employees from UPS provided info.
They are worded as a special offer to UPSers.

Lets see you blame that one on the Teamsters, Hoaxster.

Hoax Poax - LMAO

InTheRed

I get solicitations all the time from MetLife and Liberty Mutual about how switching to them will save me $$$ on insurance.

Here and there I'll actually follow up on these offers. They both want to double my car insurance (pay pretty great rate for NJ with Geico), and they refuse to insure my home because I am within 2 miles of the coast line (like a decent amount of property in NJ)...

brownman15

i received it today 2

JonFrum

Red, I haven't received anything yet but usually when a business, union, or any organization rents out its mailing list to an outside organization (like MetLife) the outside organization doesn't actually get to see the mailing list. The list goes to a confidential mailing house and MetLife would provide the literature, the envelopes, and pay for the postage and handling.

Of course, I don't know the inside details of this particular mailing, but normally MetLife wouldn't know your personal info unless you chose to respond to their offer.

Also, MetLife is the insurer and administrator of the UPS National Long Term Disability (LTD) Plan that is in the National Master . . .
Article 34 - Health & Welfare and Pension
Section 1 Health & Welfare and Pension Provisions
(j) Long-Term Disability
(1) Full-time seniority employees will become eligible for long-term disability (LTD) after six (6) months of employment for non-occupational illnesses or injuries that last longer than twenty-six (26) weeks.

(2) Long-term disability benefits will equal sixty percent (60%) of the employee’s base weekly pay to a maximum of six hundred dollars ($600) per week for up to five (5) years. Long-term disability benefits begin when short-term disability coverage ends or after twenty-six (26) weeks from date of disability, whichever is later.

(3) Average weekly base pay is computed by averaging paid hours (maximum of 40 hours per week) each week during the last full calendar quarter the employee worked and multiplying that by the hourly rate of their base job. Weeks of unemployment in the prior quarter will not be counted in the calculation. If there were substantial weeks of unemployment, the prior full calendar quarter may be used for the calculation.

(4) The definition of disability, termination of eligibility, offsets, exclusions, limitations, claim procedures and any other related issues will be controlled by the Summary Plan Description.

(5) The long-term disability coverage will become effective on August 1, 2004 for eligible employees who become disabled after that date. However, pre-existing conditions will not affect the employee’s eligibility for LTD.

(6) In those situations where a Teamster Health and Welfare Fund provides a short term disability benefit, the employee receiving such benefit shall provide the UPS National LTD Plan sixty (60) days advance notice of the estimated termination date of the short term disability. If such notice is not provided, the UPS National LTD Plan shall have the right to delay the commencement of LTD payments.

(7) Any employee receiving LTD benefits pursuant to this plan shall be entitled to receive health care coverage in accordance with the SPD for up to twelve (12) months only.

MetLife sends us a Summary Plan Description (SPD) in the mail.

JonFrum

Red, I see in the SPD that full-time UPSers represented by almost all IBT Locals are covered. Local 705 is not covered. (But Local 710 is.)

Camping Nana

Teamsters also "rents", "gives" or whatever their mailing lists. We receive mail all the time telling us about special deals for Teamsters. Everything from insurance, credit card offers, dental offices, etc etc..... So, Red, you're scrapping the barrel with this one to find something to complain about UPS. :happy2:

island1fox

To all UPS'ers,
I have been retired for a few years and decided to do some "Insurance Rate Shopping for Home, Auto and Umbrella.
After being loyal to Liberty for many, many years because of UPS ----I was shocked to find out there rates to me --which I believed were discounted ---were actually thousands of dollars a year over other big insurance company rates ----- I am no longer with Liberty Mutual ------- It truly pays to shop and compare.:surprised:

BrownSuit

I've got news for you, it's probably not the IBT that is giving out the information. I get them like everybody else does, never have been a member of the IBT.

Each mailing specifically cites UPS discounts.

To me it's more of a bother to throw them away than anything. One of these days I'll actually check into it.

tieguy

Banned
I received something separate from the teamsters, for extra life insurance, which i did sign up for. However it was not through metlife. This is not offering us anything free as in extra free coverage like what i received from the teamsters.

I am not condoning either side doing this. My information is mine and neither party has the right to give out my info!

Red buddy I feel ya and I willing to join you in this class action law suit against the teamsters buddy. :happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Teamsters also "rents", "gives" or whatever their mailing lists. We receive mail all the time telling us about special deals for Teamsters. Everything from insurance, credit card offers, dental offices, etc etc..... So, Red, you're scrapping the barrel with this one to find something to complain about UPS. :happy2:
I have plenty to complain about, but seeing that you missed it the first time i requoted it for you and even put it in bold print, just for you!

tieguy

Banned
How would you like it if we took your information off of all those grievances you have with your name on it?

Hey red, if we can prove ups left 705 off the list intentionally we may have a third class action there. Buddy we can spend our retirement years watching all the class action suits plod along.:happy-very: