Metro DC sups leaving for Amazon

textat3

At least 10 full time supervisors have left the company since last summer. They all got better offers at Amazon with 40 hr work week. Is this happening all over the county? We are left with the bottom of the barrel or guys with less than 2 years to go for retirement. Our big boss has been here for like 40 years but that is because he got cleaned out in a divorce. We are in serious trouble in DC.

MassWineGuy

At its Memphis hub FedEx has increased the wages considerably because so many people are quitting for Amazon.

I have family and friends who have worked there (not delivery) and described a terrible work atmosphere.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
At least 10 full time supervisors have left the company since last summer. They all got better offers at Amazon with 40 hr work week. Is this happening all over the county? We are left with the bottom of the barrel or guys with less than 2 years to go for retirement. Our big boss has been here for like 40 years but that is because he got cleaned out in a divorce. We are in serious trouble in DC.
The free market works. Once corporate sees the shortage, they will be forced to do better or flounder.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Who cares?

Overpaid Union Thug

UPS sups that leave for supervision jobs at Amazon are lured there with the promise of free reign in their treatment of their workers. Something that’s not possible at UPS.

Those that end up supervisors in delivery operations are free to impose unreasonable metrics on their drivers (we see the results of that everyday when we cross paths with their drivers) as well as the ability to discipline them for not meeting those demands because they took a few seconds to pee in a bottle.

Ghost in the Darkness

All cover drivers here who didn't want to do actual work... so they found a place to hide at UPS so they could pretend they have value and collect a paycheck. I have no problem letting them know they are worthless.

Whither

Scofflaw
All cover drivers here who didn't want to do actual work... so they found a place to hide at UPS so they could pretend they have value and collect a paycheck. I have no problem letting them know they are worthless.
One of the safety sucka**es went into dispatch here and no one was surprised. I ran into him twice this week and mentioned that carwash was back to old tricks: randomizing the lineup, every driver at my 'door' -- a trailer with 10 docks outside the building -- had pkg cars assigned to other routes, and of course he wasn't even willing to put in a word to get it fixed. I will say at least they kept it consistently wrong, so even though I spent all week in a 1000 (my route's car is an 800), at least I wasn't tracking down DR bags or a handcart every day. Made me appreciate my regular dispatcher, who was on vacay and is able to get the lineup back in order, and that's not saying much :lol:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not that UPS appreciated good managers/supervisors as of late but we’ve had management poached by FedEx, OnTrac, and now Amazon for a while.

Currently they’ve brought back some retired management personnel as contractors to work in HR to clean up that mess.

On top of trying to straighten out the disaster that was left behind with the departure of HR, they’re also studying why we have such high turnover in the Bay Area. Not an expert or anything but perhaps it’s because our starting wage of $21.50 is only $1.50 more than our area’s minimum wage. Just saying. 😬

ManInBrown

How many times did you work over 9.5 this week?
0. It’s feeders chief, something you would know nothing about. There’s drivers lining up to work 13 hours per day. I can’t count on one hand, how many days last peak I didn’t even work 8 hours. And I probably worked over 9, three times. You mad? Have fun tomorrow harassing and spying on package car drivers, after you’re done getting screamed at by your boss on the daily conference call. Multiple giggles and LOL’s

Last edited:

meritocracy

Sounds like the Metro DC supervisors need to join the IBS!

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
96c49aacb6a000b09495aea76eeab444.jpg

babboo25

Banned
0. It’s feeders chief, something you would know nothing about. There’s drivers lining up to work 13 hours per day. I can’t count on one hand, how many days last peak I didn’t even work 8 hours. And I probably worked over 9, three times. You mad? Have fun tomorrow harassing and spying on package car drivers, after you’re done getting screamed at by your boss on the daily conference call. Multiple giggles and LOL’s
Calm down Francis

dcdriver

nations capital
Dc Building has been a
**it show for years. All the shop steward kiss management *ss and steal safety hours or union hours or whatever they code it as. Still they do nothing and management loves them.