Metro DC sups leaving for Amazon

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS sups that leave for supervision jobs at Amazon are lured there with the promise of free reign in their treatment of their workers. Something that’s not possible at UPS.

Those that end up supervisors in delivery operations are free to impose unreasonable metrics on their drivers (we see the results of that everyday when we cross paths with their drivers) as well as the ability to discipline them for not meeting those demands because they took a few seconds to pee in a bottle.
literally no one cares how much "reign" they have over you when choosing another job, get over yourself

99% of the time they're looking for better hours

Overpaid Union Thug

literally no one cares how much "reign" they have over you when choosing another job, get over yourself

99% of the time they're looking for better hours
Never mind the fact that ex-UPS/FedEx supervisors are working the :censored2: out of Amazon warehouse workers and drivers because they know they can get away with it with no repercussions. I’ve been personally told by several supervisors in my building that is one of the reasons why they have been tempted to except offers from Amazon. And that is one of the main reasons why others already have.

At UPS, in case you haven’t figured it out yet, upper management leans heavily on middle-management because they can’t get away with treating their hourly employees the way they really want. Which is why many of middle-management are jumping ship to Amazon where there is no need for that because they can have free reign on their own. So, instead of being ridiculed through email and/or conference calls by upper management they can now preemptively project that power onto the hourlies which negates the need for upper management to come down on them nearly as much.

I mean why not? I guess it would be tempting to be able to completely disrespect your employees all day every day. And to be able to give them very little time to use the restroom in the warehouse by threatening discipline when they take too long. Or forcing the drivers to have to resort to pissing in water bottles.

But yeah I keep pretending it’s all about the hours. LMFAO

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Never mind the fact that ex-UPS/FedEx supervisors are working the * out of Amazon warehouse workers and drivers because they know they can get away with it with no repercussions. I’ve been personally told by several supervisors in my building that is one of the reasons why they have been tempted to except offers from Amazon. And that is one of the main reasons why others already have.

At UPS, in case you haven’t figured it out yet, upper management leans heavily on middle-management because they can’t get away with treating their hourly employees the way they really want. Which is why many of middle-management are jumping ship to Amazon where there is no need for that because they can have free reign on their own. So, instead of being ridiculed through email and/or conference calls by upper management they can now preemptively project that power onto the hourlies which negates the need for upper management to come down on them nearly as much.

I mean why not? I guess it would be tempting to be able to completely disrespect your employees all day every day. And to be able to give them very little time to use the restroom in the warehouse by threatening discipline when they take too long. Or forcing the drivers to have to resort to pissing in water bottles.

But yeah I keep pretending it’s all about the hours. LMFAO
Bro some FT lied to you just to rustle your jimmies, which appears to be an easy task

No one care about you

Overpaid Union Thug

Bro some FT lied to you just to rustle your jimmies, which appears to be an easy task

No one care about you
I have worked in four different UPS buildings and one FedEx Ground that had multiple ex UPS supervisors. I’ve literally talked to countless ex supervisors and current Amazon employees that not only can, but have, confirmed what I’ve said.

Now get back under your favorite supervisor’s desk.

trickpony1

Which is why many of middle-management are jumping ship to Amazon where there is no need for that because they can have free reign on their own.
Rain- what falls from the sky;
Rein- what you put on a horse;
Reign- what a past member used to do on BrownCafe.

The term "free rein" is when you, essentially, slack off the reins on your horse and it can do/go where it wants.
When used within the context of human beings, "free rein" means the human can do/go where it wants.

Those darned homonyms.....

Hope this helps.

Overpaid Union Thug

Rain- what falls from the sky;
Rein- what you put on a horse;
Reign- what a past member used to do on BrownCafe.

The term "free rein" is when you, essentially, slack off the reins on your horse and it can do/go where it wants.
When used within the context of human beings, "free rein" means the human can do/go where it wants.

Those darned homonyms.....

Hope this helps.
AC81859D-A300-4539-B9CF-BD078C9B3B3F.jpeg

PACNW

I know 7 guys that went to Amazon. All went for the reduced workload. Some took pay cuts to do it. 4/10's instead of 5/12's. As Amazon has grown those reduced hours have disappeared and it has turned into UPS with the ridiculous production standards, but without the job security. They routinely have mass management reductions of force to get new cheaper, younger, blood in. At UPS, you have to be a complete maroon to get fired as a management person for the most part. They miss that job security.