Mgmt/Employee Rift

JustTired

free at last.......
I think the problem is that "greed breeds paranoia". The more money you obtain......the more fearful you are of those around you trying to take what you perceive as "your piece of the pie".

The more those at the top make......the more afraid they are to allow someone else to make a decision that could affect the growth of that pile of money.

Here's my philosophy:

Greed breeds paranoia
Paranoia breeds fear
Fear breeds tunnel-vision
Tunnel-vision breeds bad decisions
Bad decisions breed bad business
Bad business breeds no business

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think the problem is that "greed breeds paranoia". The more money you obtain......the more fearful you are of those around you trying to take what you perceive as "your piece of the pie".

The more those at the top make......the more afraid they are to allow someone else to make a decision that could affect the growth of that pile of money.

Here's my philosophy:

Greed breeds paranoia
Paranoia breeds fear
Fear breeds tunnel-vision
Tunnel-vision breeds bad decisions
Bad decisions breed bad business
Bad business breeds no business

Agree with Just Tired about greed (the rest is suspect).

Greed applies just as well to drivers.
Why do you stick around doing a job that you hate, that wears the body out and stresses you out?

The reason is greed!

- Same for inside hourly employees.

It is greed if you think that these upper level management people make decisions and concentrate their efforts on ensuring that the decisions that they and their subordinates make are the least risky decisions in the short-term. That is the nature of publicly traded corporations.

There are lots of jobs out there with less stress, regular hours, etc but we are all just a bunch of greedy bas***ds because we like the standard of living we are afforded by our jobs at UPS.

Just an honest observation from where I sit.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Agree with Just Tired about greed (the rest is suspect).

Greed applies just as well to drivers.
Why do you stick around doing a job that you hate, that wears the body out and stresses you out?

The reason is greed!

- Same for inside hourly employees.

It is greed if you think that these upper level management people make decisions and concentrate their efforts on ensuring that the decisions that they and their subordinates make are the least risky decisions in the short-term. That is the nature of publicly traded corporations.

There are lots of jobs out there with less stress, regular hours, etc but we are all just a bunch of greedy bas***ds because we like the standard of living we are afforded by our jobs at UPS.

Just an honest observation from where I sit.

Apples and oranges

whiskey

Greed does factor into the hard working UPS drivers and inside workers that are just there for the bennies and good hourly rate. But it is low end greed that involves their entire families and is also a reflection on our society as a whole. Our standard of living consists of "things", lots of "things". Big SUV's, vacation homes, jet travel, credit card debt., upside down mortgages, etc, etc. And yet, even with both husband and wife working, we still live from paycheck to paycheck. Unfortunately, because we are all on the inside looking out, collectively, we cannot see the forest for the trees.
I'm sure there is at least one high maintenance spouse down in Atlanta Georgia.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Greed does factor into the hard working UPS drivers and inside workers that are just there for the bennies and good hourly rate. But it is low end greed that involves their entire families and is also a reflection on our society as a whole. Our standard of living consists of "things", lots of "things". Big SUV's, vacation homes, jet travel, credit card debt., upside down mortgages, etc, etc. And yet, even with both husband and wife working, we still live from paycheck to paycheck. Unfortunately, because we are all on the inside looking out, collectively, we cannot see the forest for the trees.
I'm sure there is at least one high maintenance spouse down in Atlanta Georgia.

Mrs. Scratch?

JustTired

free at last.......

And a lot of those "publicly traded corporations" end up chasing and "wagging the tail" of Wall St.

In doing so...there's a good chance of getting bitten. The consequences of grabbing that tail too tight.