Mgmt knows no shame

Whither

Scofflaw
A driver in my center has been fighting cancer for some years now and, of course, has missed a lot of work. He came back recently after several weeks on chemo. And how did mgmt welcome him? A supe sneakily pulled him into the office (as if it was an innocuous matter, this supe is known for being up front "Get a steward and meet me in the center manager's office") and proceeded to 'suggest' that it's time for my union brother to resign.

Utterly brazen: who can take these clowns seriously?

vvv

A driver in my center has been fighting cancer for some years now and, of course, has missed a lot of work. He came back recently after several weeks on chemo. And how did mgmt welcome him? A supe sneakily pulled him into the office (as if it was an innocuous matter, this supe is known for being up front "Get a steward and meet me in the center manager's office") and proceeded to 'suggest' that it's time for my union brother to resign.

Company sucks in so many ways. Which is exactly why for so many years they get bare minimum from me.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Company sucks in so many ways. Which is exactly why for so many years they get bare minimum from me.
Everyday here they cut routes, but dispatch a top pay driver with 60 hour weeks and pay me out the ass in 9.5 money. Real smart. It makes zero sense what decisions are made. I hate this :censored2:ing job

Drink Craft Beer

allegedly.....

542thruNthru

I've seen very similar things happen in my center. Then they wonder why we act so coldly to them sometimes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Just say, "no thanks". Or, "really?, I was thinking that, but now, I'm staying". "Thank you for making me decide".

ManInBrown

They can and they do.
Yeah, you ever hear about the black employees that sued because they were hanging black dolls in the warehouse like they were hung to be killed? They got millions. People do sue and win. It’s hard to do, but it happens. If this interaction went down exactly as OP described it, it’s a lawsuit 100%. You cannot do that to someone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah, you ever hear about the black employees that sued because they were hanging black dolls in the warehouse like they were hung to be killed? They got millions. People do sue and win. It’s hard to do, but it happens. If this interaction went down exactly as OP described it, it’s a lawsuit 100%. You cannot do that to someone.

Depends on if he’s white or not

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Very hard to win. I fought them, and I lost but they paid a ton to fight me. So to me it was a victory. Mine was totally different, but they do not care about sick, or aging workers. When you are either of those they treat you terribly. But then again, they treat everyone badly if you are not 120% every day. I worked with a guy that was off work alot and did die, but one time when he came back, I asked him, because I am nosy...if he got his disability. He never knew he had it available. Yes he should have known, but he was older back then and I feel, union or mgmt should have at least followed up while he was off , asked how he was doing, etc, and mentioned it. He did apply and got it. And thanked me profusely. and bought me a 12 pack. He was one of my best mentors.

What it comes down to is you have to fight every day. You have to know how to fight, have the will to fight, have the strength to fight, and the knowledge of how to fight. I did get that from union brothers I have never personally met. Not all centers, or locals have that kind of union management, or any kind of HR that is worth a darn. Caring went out with publicly traded stock. Its a tough environment to work in, and sadly the less you care the happier you will be. Now they pay me not to come to work and Im cool with that.

takesteady

Absolutely no shame. There’s something about going into management that turns people into empty husks with no compassion for other humans. I’ve seen it happen to a few otherwise decent men that decided to don the ‘stache.