MGT won't let me work ...

55+ hours.... I demand for more stops but they won't do it... why not?

I'm trying to get close to 60hours a week.. but they send me out with a 9hr planned day... i thought they'd love to give me more work

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
bull:censored:-273x350.jpg

ArcherUTR

Maybe so that they don't take away from other 8-9 hour planned days. Management doesn't want you to stay out all night. They want people to get in.

Only thing is they want to do it with the least amount of cars, the least amount of miles, and to some extent the least amount of top pay overtime.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm trying to get close to 60hours a week.. but they send me out with a 9hr planned day... i thought they'd love to give me more work

Well that's a first...while most of us are bitchin about working too many hours, you're begging for more. I'd be glad to let you have some of our work in my center. I'm not sure I really believe this thread but I'll bite...

I find it hard that you cannot stretch out a 55hr week into a 60hr week. I mean really that's only 5hrs more a week.
300 minutes a week, 60 minutes a day and you can't figure out how to stretch it out? Let me see if my math is right but if you spent just 2 minutes more on 30 stops throughout your day you would have your 5 extra hours and you're saying you can't find 30 stops in the day to "visit' more or give better customer service or take the long way? Hmmm...You need to start walking slower and sorting the truck more and driving slower. Do a really good pre-trip and post-trip, and stay hydrated a little more because you know staying hydrated is of the utmost importance to UPS.

clean hairy

They always do the oppsite of what we ask them for.
ask for fewer hours and stops, they will load you up real heavy.
You are asking for more work, so they give you less.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Maybe so that they don't take away from other 8-9 hour planned days. Management doesn't want you to stay out all night. They want people to get in. Only thing is they want to do it with the least amount of cars, the least amount of miles, and to some extent the least amount of top pay overtime.

My center must still be behind the 8-ball as they have not received that memo. Last night, 343 miles, snowy roads that could only be traveled at 25 mph, a 13.92hr day and a truck where a warm fart after a bean dinner, blows out more heat, I would certainly have liked to been in faster. Oh well, at least they sent numerous ODS messages about what a great job we did and how they want us to be safe and get home.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You're already 2 hours over everyday.

If you really want 60 a week join the safety commitee.

thank you... i'll consider joining the safety committee

found that to be true too... they do the opposite if what you want..

i'll demand less stops on monday

UPSGUY72

I know at my center if your over 10 your going to be getting help. Getting close to 60 hr during peak is possible but any other time of the year it isn't happening.

By The Book

thank you... i'll consider joining the safety committee

found that to be true too... they do the opposite if what you want..

i'll demand less stops on monday
Do you bonus your route?, if so on average how many hours do you bonus a week. Be careful what you wish for, they may cut your hours. If you want to join the safety committee, only join it if you feel you can make a change for the better.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You are getting hosed. I you really want that many hours every week, go into management.