michael greger's nutritionfacts.org

rickyb

i heard about this guy a little while ago, but i just started watching his videos recently and they are just stunning.

this one is on eggs. hes uses freedom of information request to get the emails between the FDA and the egg lobby.

rickyb

i found this video interesting because after answering the question about butter, he goes into what did mankind eat as we evolved over time.

clue: what do primates eat?

rickyb

not michael greger but this is nutrition facts:

"The men and women consumed an average of 3,501 mg of sodium from all sources. That’s about about 50 percent more than the recommended amount....

Sodium recommendations
The American Heart Association recommends that consumers should limit sodium to 2,300 milligrams a day (1,500 mg for people with prehypertension or high blood pressure).

The saltiest six foods, based on earlier surveys: bread and rolls, cured meats, pizza, poultry, soup, and sandwiches."

i prefer taco wraps over bread because i find you can just pile as much veggies and beans on top, so you get more of the good stuff and less of the bad. ill have bread if i get bored of the wraps and at work i do 3 slices of bread with spinach/kale or mixed shredded veggies in between because then your getting the same amount of veggies and one less slice of bread, and pretty soon im gonna experiment with toasting the wraps.

if you go out for food (i go to subway alot), check out how much sodium is in the menu. i was suprised to see that quiznoes subs had 3x as much sodium as subways.