Michigan District gone.

plankton

Midsouth as well. Who knows what will happen to the people who work in these districts?? We were told to get with our Manager on Wednesday concerning our options. Won't be a lot of work getting accomplished tomorrow.

satellitedriver

Reducing management in this consolidation?
Micro-management being honed to a needle point?
Maybe, we will answer the age old question of how many angels can fit on a pinhead.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustTired

free at last.......
Or How many morons does it take to screw in a light bulb.

We will be cutting our use of light bulbs by 1/3. However, the voltage will be raised to 160 volts to make up the difference. The cost to achieve this voltage will be substantial, but will be a one-time investment. of course, this will mean that they will "burn out" and have to be replaced more frequently. But that cost will be charged to another element of the business and then passed on to the customer.

browndevil

Or How many morons does it take to screw in a light bulb.
Side bar.......How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb? None. We screw in hot tubs..........Sorry an old joke that was supposed to define and represent us in the fat over indulgent 80s:happy2:

We lost our district years ago, our center has been kicked around like redheaded orphans ever since. I had heard we are about to me moved to a different district soon also, but at this point it's still just a rumor.

satellitedriver

Side bar.......How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb? None. We screw in hot tubs..........Sorry an old joke that was supposed to define and represent us in the fat over indulgent 80s:happy2:
Those were the good old days,
then the environmentalists complained that too much toxic spill was occurring from hot tubs.
Another old joke hot tub joke from the 80's circulating around the Montrose "district" in Houston.:sick:

S

speeddemon

We will be cutting our use of light bulbs by 1/3. However, the voltage will be raised to 160 volts to make up the difference. The cost to achieve this voltage will be substantial, but will be a one-time investment. of course, this will mean that they will "burn out" and have to be replaced more frequently. But that cost will be charged to another element of the business and then passed on to the customer.

You know, its almost like we work for the Federal Governmant.......hmmmmm.......

browndevil

Those were the good old days,
then the environmentalists complained that too much toxic spill was occurring from hot tubs.
Another old joke hot tub joke from the 80's circulating around the Montrose "district" in Houston.:sick:
Sat my friend can't we have one self indulgent time from the past? Ahh thanks Pal

PopCan

· Significantly reducing operations at UPS Brokerage facilities in Newark, NJ, Anchorage, AK, and Ontario, CA. Much of the work currently being performed at these locations will be consolidated into other UPS Brokerage facilities

Could somebody clarify this for me? What's a UPS Brokerage facility?

sweetpea

North Jersey too, swallowed up by Metro Jersey. Letter read on Monday and as of Wed still no more info, no one available to answer any questions. same ole same ole for the good of the company, corporate needs to look at the $300.00 lunches, everyone at those lunches can afford to buy their own and oh yea, what about each time a new dm comes in they need to paint the office and put their special expensive touch to it-CORPORATE look at that waste and not my little salary

plankton

Same thing at Midsouth. The letter they read said to talk to your Manager on Wednesday. Well it is Wednesday night...and no one had any information at work today. You know that they know exactly what they are going to do. Why keep us in suspense? You can forget Corporate cutting costs, I really liked the UPSers.com statement that stated that Corporate was downsizing through attrition. I thought they were supposed to be losing jobs... like last year. Until recently you could go to the UPS jobs site and see all kinds of openings for Corporate. I don't know if they filled the openings...but it would not suprise me if they were.