MicroVision coming to one undisclosed center.

[quote"Indecisi0n, post: 1296573, member: 35289"]"one which is designed to increase processing efficiency in package sorting and routing."[/quote]
Where Is Indecisi0n?...and what did you do with,....him or her??...lol

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The pussification of UPS continues.

My 31st day I was told to bring a map and a sense of humor. Thats how you learned, thats how you became good at this job.

Yesterday, a kid with literally 40 days on the job says to me (of the route next to mine) "the only thing I don't like about this route is that the truck is a stick-shift". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

My 31st day I was told to bring a map and a sense of humor. Thats how you learned, thats how you became good at this job.

Yesterday, a kid with literally 40 days on the job says to me (of the route next to mine) "the only thing I don't like about this route is that the truck is a stick-shift". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
First world problems.

The Range

In too deep

No one cares. People's problems are completely relative. Your way is not the right way or only way. Your ego is glaring weakness.

upschuck

I hope they will not put it in Maspeth. Don't know if this could be implemented that quick, but would make it easier to replace those drivers.

oldngray

nowhere special
That way, UPS can get any untrained individual to do your job.
funny_monkey_driver.jpg

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
That way, UPS can get any untrained individual to do your job.

You're on the money here.

New technology like this is being implemented to "dumb down" our jobs so Joe Sixpack can walk in off the street and replace us for $10/hr, no pension, and no health insurance. I worked in the outbound the other day on the "new" smart scanners -- they don't even give loaders a load chart any more, the scanner kicks out 99.9% of the misloads that come down the slide. The pick-offs still have to read, but they already have smart label technology that can replace that job.. it would just cost too much to automate diverts/scanners in every hub.

Mr Shifter

New technology like this is being implemented to "dumb down" our jobs so Joe Sixpack can walk in off the street and replace us for $10/hr, no pension, and no health insurance. I worked in the outbound the other day on the "new" smart scanners -- they don't even give loaders a load chart any more, the scanner kicks out 99.9% of the misloads that come down the slide. The pick-offs still have to read, but they already have smart label technology that can replace that job.. it would just cost too much to automate diverts/scanners in every hub.

For reals I found a package in the yard and walked it into the building to the bay door it used to be when I was a loader. I ask the kid loading if it was the right trailer and he said he had no idea and scanned it then told me it wasn't. LOL

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

What's a pick off? Ok I'm just kidding....
But seriously, sometimes reading the comments on this site I realize a lot of us with the same job title are basically working entirely different jobs. The job was "dumbed down" a long time ago for many of us. It just means they'll put more work on you.

Returntosender

MicroVision's technology is part of a new package guidance application aimed at increasing processing efficiency in real-time package sorting and routing that UPS is deploying in a facility in the United States. PicoP(R) display technology was selected for this application due to its ability to operate in industrial environments and its distinguishing performance characteristics including brightness, infinite focus, and variable field of view. The projection module will be paired with UPS scanning systems to improve package sorting processes. http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140324-905380.html