Mid-Day Shift’s Hours Reduced

MassWineGuy

Don’t know if it’s nationwide, but those who work the 11 to 7 shift at my station were told today to start work at 12:15. Has this happened elsewhere? I’m not affected, but it sure sucks. Will drive many to quit, causing bigger staff shortages.

McFeely

Huge Member
We’re starting late today, but it’s local-weather here that’s the cause.

MWG, is your station staffed decently? I can’t imagine them cutting hours at my station. I don’t think we’ve had a single day in months where we had enough couriers to get everything delivered.

MassWineGuy

We’re starting late today, but it’s local-weather here that’s the cause.

MWG, is your station staffed decently? I can’t imagine them cutting hours at my station. I don’t think we’ve had a single day in months where we had enough couriers to get everything delivered.

I thought we had finally reached adequate staffing levels, but I’m not certain. People do leave. But cutting hours will cause more folks to quit.

AB831

FredEx doesn't care about staffing issues two months from now if they have the opportunity to rip you off an hour's pay today. They'll step over a ten dollar bill to pick up a dime.

MassWineGuy

Almost related…

Managers apparently got emails today saying that because of awful weather there won’t be any Response freight on Thursday. Guess I’ll have time in the break room to work on my novel.

Basement Dweller

They sent sunrise and nights home early because of bad weather but us day folks have to come in 2 hours early and have a full shift AND have to come in Friday, my day off, for an "emergency sort". I said nope to both. There's nine inches of snow piling up with an inch of ice underneath. The ice is the real threat. Freddy can earn his golden yacht money a different time.

MassWineGuy

I’ve never had such a light day. Ten delivery from the late early morning flight. Had about 90 minutes until my first pickup was ready.