Mid level employee

Yomama11

Anyone know exactly what a mid level employee is? .Ive heard for the past 5 years fedex is trying to top out mid level employees quicker...from what I've seen fedex is trying to top out new hires quicker..

Last edited:

fdxsux

Anyone know exactly what a mid level employee is? .Ive heard for the past 5 years fedex is trying to top out mid level employees quicker...from what I've seen fedex is trying to top out new hires quicker..
FedEx is not " trying" to top anyone out more quickly. If they were, they would just do it. On the contrary, they are "trying" to top everyone out as slowly as possible....just like they always have.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx is not " trying" to top anyone out more quickly. If they were, they would just do it. On the contrary, they are "trying" to top everyone out as slowly as possible....just like they always have.

Nothing has changed overall, just a rearranging of the deck chairs. Fred has everything under control and overall compensation is just where he wants it...low and most people " mid-range".

Purplepackage

Nothing has changed overall, just a rearranging of the deck chairs. Fred has everything under control and overall compensation is just where he wants it...low and most people " mid-range".

He loves the mid range, don't worry if you started 2 years ago you're probably 3 dollars above where you stated by now making more than the 10 year guy

SmithBarney

Mid range is anyone from $.01 above starting pay all the way to $.01 from top of range.
It's basically anyone not at the top or bottom.

Serf

The pamphlets passed out at the recent State of business meeting said medical for single/no dependent would go from 5$ a month to 6$. And quite a bit more if you have dependents. No mention of increase for dental and vision. So again, X giveth and taketh away. Most can swing the buck extra a month, but 15 ish a month is practically your entire raise as a mid level.

McFeely

Huge Member
Even a 1% raise will get you more than $15 a month. Explain your math.

My raise is going to get me a whopping $110/mo before taxes (assuming 40 hours a week). I haven't seen the details on what is going to happen to my portion of my health premiums (me + family), so I guess I'll have to just stay tuned and hope for the best.

BootsOnTarmac

Most people I work with are Part time and only here for the medical, and what amounts to the gas money the company pays them to come back to work the next day.

I agree. My raise will cover my tolls getting to work, and not much more. I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall on the cost of medical, dental and vision.

Oldfart

Most people I work with are Part time and only here for the medical, and what amounts to the gas money the company pays them to come back to work the next day.
Name another part time job that gives the part timers the same pay and benefits as a full timer. Maybe short term isn't given to part timers but I am not certain. Where my wife works, insurance for part timers is nearly double of full timers. Not sure why but it is.

MAKAVELI

Name another part time job that gives the part timers the same pay and benefits as a full timer. Maybe short term isn't given to part timers but I am not certain. Where my wife works, insurance for part timers is nearly double of full timers. Not sure why but it is.
They couldn't keep part timers if they didn't. That's the only reason they offer benefits.

Serf

You're ruffling a lot of feathers in the forum. And some of what you say is a good retort. We have a group of 30+ year service guys at our station. And they all think like you. Understandably. They got a solid, fair handshake from the company. I hope you stick around. You and Dano are our flies in the ointment. I am only somewhat miserable, and a tad deplorable.