Might go driving?

Johnny815

Hi, everyone! I work in the hub here in Las Vegas. I know there's a driving course coming up here next month. However, from what I've heard, they're only hiring 15 drivers. After checking into HR, I found out I'm 19th on the list to go driving. My question is: How many people statistically don't qualify to go driving? I heard 1/3 of people don't qualify, but I'm not too sure on that. I thought I'd get a better answer from you guys. I really, really want this job!!

GolfCart

WE go though new guys like water ............. so I would go for it . Our last 3 did NOT make it !!! and that was in the last 4 months . We are getting 8 new guys NOW , and they are failing , or wrecking , or dropping out every DAY !! GO for it , if you are willing to take the SHAFT !!!! and bite your tongue daily ! BUT the pay is GOOD !

Johnny815

WE go though new guys like water ............. so I would go for it . Our last 3 did NOT make it !!! and that was in the last 4 months . We are getting 8 new guys NOW , and they are failing , or wrecking , or dropping out every DAY !! GO for it , if you are willing to take the SHAFT !!!! and bite your tongue daily ! BUT the pay is GOOD !

My mentality is this: If I can survive the first 30 days, things will get better; just like any other job. I'm just going to be kind of pissed off if I find out I didn't make the cut, and some of the guys that did ended up quitting. They're saying the next training class will be in 8-10 years...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My mentality is this: If I can survive the first 30 days, things will get better; just like any other job. I'm just going to be kind of pissed off if I find out I didn't make the cut, and some of the guys that did ended up quitting. They're saying the next training class will be in 8-10 years...

...the next training class will be held depending upon a number of factors, to include retirements, terminations, separations and volume. 8-10 years seems high to me. Keep plugging away and your time will come.

Johnny815

Why ask here????

If a bunch do not make it, you will be the 1st to know, not us.

Our last training class was in 2006. As far as I have been told, it doesn't matter if some of the guys drop out or not. they won't have another training class for years. Which is why I wanted a better understanding of how many statistically don't qualify. But you're right, I could just be patient. The anticipation is killing me, though =/

Johnny815

Hiring 15 drivers now and no more for 8 to 10 years. Ya right .

It is what my manager told me. He called me into his office to discuss my safety and whatnot... and he asked me what I wanted to do with my life.. and if I was in school. I said, "I tried school out, it wasn't for me, and I want to go driving." He said, "well I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but you won't be a driver for 8-10 years." A couple months later I heard they were hiring more drivers. I was seriously considering joining the military until I heard this..