Miguel Cotto vs Sergio Martinez

Ron Carey lives on

Unbelievable, a junior welter weight dominated the middle champion last night. Knocking him down 4 times. Mdison Square Garden was rocking last night with largely Puerto Rican croud. Cotto made history last night. Capturing titles from junior welterweight to the undisputed middle champ, great night for boxing

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its really not unbelievable cause that's really probably where cotto should have been fighting for a while now. Its probably closer to his real walking around weight. Some guys keep their power moving up in weight. Id like to see him fight Canelo next. That would be a war but I think Canelo might be too big, young and strong for him. I think Golovkin wipes everybodies ass because that dude punches like a light heavyweight. The bank just opened up real wide for Cotto to make a lot of big money in that weight division. Hes a cash cow when it comes to ppv anyway. Ive always loved Cotto. Martinez was on the downside of his career anyway. Why the heck would he be dumb enough after a 14 month layoff take a dangerous fight like that is beyond mebut im sure it was for 1 more big payday before he retires, cant say I blame him I guess.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have been a HUGE fan of both fighters for along time and i was shocked at how easily Cotto dominated Matinez!
Freddie Roach really brought out the very best in Cotto

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Last couple of fights theres been signs of his decline because of injury and wear and tear. He barely hung on against Chavez Jr. and macklin pretty much had him beat, but Martinez being the warrior that he is kept fighting through the knee injury. Cotto back to using the body attack and left hook like he used to when he was coming up. He kinda got away from what made him suscessful when he was coming up. Theres some good fights coming at 160 n 168 here right shortly.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have always been of the opinion that Cotto is an excellent fighter,but not Top Tier per his losses to Mayweather,Pacquiao and Trout ( I discount his loss to Margarito as i am not convinced illegal handwraps werent used) but perhaps i was wrong,and Cotto just needed a better Corner

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
GGG is a freak, dont see him getting beat

Sent using BrownCafe App
Me neither not any time soon. GGG fight with Ward would be an interesting fight though. Power and the coming forward of GGG and the confidence, speed and ring smarts of Ward would make an interesting fight for sure. GGG would and could move up to 168 to fight Ward. Theres not too many fights out there for Ward at 168 since hes pretty much cleaned that weight class out. You gotta remember Ward fought at light heavy in the amateurs too so a jump to 175 isn't far fetched after a couple more fights.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Cotto wont go up to 168, hes done at 160 max I believe. Froch and Ward rematch in Wembley makes more sense but if Froch don't retire I think he fights Kessler for the 3rd time in a rubber match at Wembley first then maybe Ward. He doesn't beat Ward, Wards too skilled and fast for him. But both fights would be big financial fight for all the parties involved.

Ron Carey lives on

its going to be hard to match Cotto with somebody with this promotion war going on, HBO vs Sowtime. Damn shame cant get the best of the best together

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Pryor was mean and would throw punches in bunches and had a good chin. Id give the slight edge to Ray though. Only because he had good power n might have been a little faster.