Mileage for out of town

Insaneasylum

I worked out of a different hub 3 different days. My total mileage was about 1100 miles. I asked about mileage pay and they told me it's .55 cents a mile. Is this a standard rate on personal cars. I only have 3 months in so I'm at a lower pay rate. Also when do you guys typically recive the monthly checks for miles thx

Sent using BrownCafe App

Insaneasylum

3 different hubs on 3 Fridays in a row. 340 miles, 404 miles, and 320 miles. Did I like doing it no. Made for some super long ass days. Drive my truck 2-3hrs some where get in a tractor drive that for 9-10 hrs then drive back 2-3hrs. But I'm at the bottom of the on call list. So if I want to get some hours then I have to take what ever gets down to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Insaneasylum

Mileage is paid per IRS rules. Here, we get time from your building to the building you work in that day.
Here they told me .55 cents a mile each way and they turn In the mileage to corporate and they cut checks once a month. And those are mailed to you

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

3 different hubs on 3 Fridays in a row. 340 miles, 404 miles, and 320 miles. Did I like doing it no. Made for some super long ass days. Drive my truck 2-3hrs some where get in a tractor drive that for 9-10 hrs then drive back 2-3hrs. But I'm at the bottom of the on call list. So if I want to get some hours then I have to take what ever gets down to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Are you sure they are going to be paying miles. I would have to believe that if they are going to be paying you miles from your house to the other building it the same as being on the clock which counts against your 14 hours and 60. I know if I showed up at one my building and they told me I had to work in one of the other 2 I'd ask what package car I was taking to drive to the other building. That way I would be on the clock getting FT driver pay for the drive there and back.

I would bet your not getting paid anything to drive there and back each day... If they are paying you something it should be your driver rate x time not miles.

govols019

You smell that?
If I have to run feeders out of a different center I get paid my hourly rate for the drive time from my center to the center I'm reporting to.

Insaneasylum

If I have to run feeders out of a different center I get paid my hourly rate for the drive time from my center to the center I'm reporting to.
What I was told is if you work out of town at a different hub you get .55 cents a mile and 25$ a day for food. Plus they pay for the hotel up front.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

When our feeder drivers run routes out of another building they punch in in our ctr jump in a tractor and bobtail to the one they are working out of. Granted they aren't as far as some of the miles you're talking.

UPSGUY72

1100 miles? You need a Jetta diesel.

Back in the 80's my parents had Diesel VW rabbit, pickup, and a jetta they all got great gas mileage. Considering Diesel was less than a dollar and low than regular gas it was great. I had a diesel Jetta in 14 years ago but When I got married it was either keep the Dodge Ram 2500 I just brought or the Jetta should have kept the Jetta.

They final came out with a Jetta TDI hybrid.

iowa boy

You should be taking a company vehicle and be paid by the hour.

When you cover a satellite route, and you're not top rate, the pay is better taking the mileage vs.the hourly wage. And its non taxable income to boot. The same situation applies to feeder drivers in progression.

iowa boy

Uh, are you sure about the non-taxable thing?

Upstate, in all the years I have received mileage checks from UPS, I have never been given a 1099 for miscellaneous income, nor has any amount been reported on my W-2.

According to the IRS, as long as UPS doesnt pay me any more than the standard mileage rate for my vehicle expenses, it is not income.