Minimal Acceptable

1fedexFAILURE

Been trolling for a while and just now have decided to make a post..I have been with express for over 20 years so I am very experienced with the shananigans they pull.. My question is this, we were told by our hr guy that 95% was acceptable onroad for swings as well as couriers.. But have since been told that we can be wrote up for anything less than 100%. Has anyone else been told they are acceptable yet written up? How can you be acceptable yet considered as not meeting goal?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have yet to see anyone get fired for not hitting their numbers. One of the best things about being a 20+ yr employee is, once you show no fear and let them know that you don't care, they leave you alone.

overflowed

How long does a regular courier get to hit goal? Do you know a swing driver gets 16 hours to hit goal on any given route? Don't even worry about this bull:censored2:.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How long does a regular courier get to hit goal? Do you know a swing driver gets 16 hours to hit goal on any given route? Don't even worry about this bull:censored2:.
I concur.

Hitting station or district goals ain't gonna make you any more money at the end of the day. Guess who IS rewarded?

Nolimitz

personally I will/would RTS any write up for missing goals.... Nor would I ack. missing said goal. If the damn truck is empty at the end of day, I met my goal.. KMA

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have yet to see anyone get fired for not hitting their numbers. One of the best things about being a 20+ yr employee is, once you show no fear and let them know that you don't care, they leave you alone.

True, but you need to be close to your numbers. Serious underperforming couriers will be maneuvered out the door.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
True, but you need to be close to your numbers. Serious underperforming couriers will be maneuvered out the door.

I purposefully make sure my numbers are all over the place. Drives my manager crazy. 120% one day, 98% next day. Up and down. And then the before and after break times get him too. 12 mins one day, 3 the next. I already told him they will never be consistent.

l22

Assume everything they tell you is a lie. If its important, get it in writing.

This is absolutely correct and more people should be doing this. Anytime they question you about your on-road performance, ask for it in writing and keep it in your records. If they refuse to give it to you in writing, record the date they refused. Along with that, anytime you are questioned/told you need to go faster, once you get on-road, just make sure you slow down and don't worry about lates. Lates are not your problem, having an accident is your problem. Use their harassment as a reminder to yourself that you need to be home safe. Focus on safety first and safety last - that is what is important and not focusing on it WILL cost you your job.

Purplepackage

I don't think that's true, if that was the case we should have fired 3 or 4 couriers 10 years ago. If your numbers are good they move you to a split shift doing something like unloading or sipping in the morning and running a pup route at night.

Nothing pisses me off more than when you try to clear and they ask if you can help a route that should've been done an hour before you were

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't think that's true, if that was the case we should have fired 3 or 4 couriers 10 years ago. If your numbers are good they move you to a split shift doing something like unloading or sipping in the morning and running a pup route at night.

Nothing pisses me off more than when you try to clear and they ask if you can help a route that should've been done an hour before you were

Now that they have revolving door turnover, making numbers isn't really an issue like it used to be. Serious underperformers were frequently shown the door in the past, although management would find other reasons to get rid of them. I think we should all become underachievers and lower the bar even further.

It's getting bad enough now, that just showing-up and covering a route is sufficient. Operational Needs nailed it, because you essentially create your own numbers. If you WAD, and do it intelligently, your numbers will be good enough, and you won't have time to help anyone at any time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Been trolling for a while and just now have decided to make a post..I have been with express for over 20 years so I am very experienced with the shananigans they pull.. My question is this, we were told by our hr guy that 95% was acceptable onroad for swings as well as couriers.. But have since been told that we can be wrote up for anything less than 100%. Has anyone else been told they are acceptable yet written up? How can you be acceptable yet considered as not meeting goal?

Swings' goal is 95%. Couriers' goal is 100%.

dezguy

we care why?
Bingo!

If someone covers my route and runs it at 110%, big deal! I don't care. I work at my pace, not someone else's. My managers have never come up to me after me coming back from vacation, to complain that person x had higher numbers than I did when I was away.