Minimum / Maximum Fluctuating ?

BrownDead

Question for anyone that can answer: Why does the minimum and maximum stop count change daily when other variables are almost the same each day. I have seen my max fluctuate as much as 30 stops, How can this be?

chanman

Depends on what mood the " stupidvisor " is in and how many drivers called in that morning. The maximum goes up, you stop for lunch when you are supposed to, call the centre and tell them help is needed and put the ball in their court .

bigbrownhen

I asked the pre load sup the same question one day. He said it's all based on stops per car that they are supposed to hit that day. I don't see why they even bother really, they change the standard daily.

satellitedriver

The daily dispatch has always been based on stops per car.
In the distant past -(two years ago)- the SPC was 115 to116, and during heavier volume 119, in our center.
Now the new daily standard demanded by Division is about 126 to 128 SPC, -(due to the poor economy)-,
and that is a huge percentile increase.
Division throws these balls in the air and expects the center team to juggle them and then the center manager expects the drivers to keep them from being dropped.
Sorry,
I like to speak in metaphor.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Also depends on your final stop count.If your max is 100 stops and you end up with 105,your new max will change to 110 and all will be peachy in the ivory tower once again.

over9five

Staff member
Question for anyone that can answer: Why does the minimum and maximum stop count change daily when other variables are almost the same each day. I have seen my max fluctuate as much as 30 stops, How can this be?

That min/max has nothing to do with you (sounds strange, but...).
It's the min/max they want on that car for the number of cars they're putting out that day. IE, if they cut 2 routes, the min/max rises.
If they put in 2 extra routes.... oh wait..hahahahahahahahha!!!!

I get paid by the hour.
It is true that money is the only concern for some people, for others it is having a life outside of brown.

It's the min/max they want on that car for the number of cars they're putting out that day. IE, if they cut 2 routes, the min/max rises.
The first part here is a operation theory, the last sentence is a pipe dream. lol..but dang funny.

bumped

Really the minimum/max shouldn't change, but the stops given will change. The min/max changes to make us feel good about being in the gray vs being in the red. The lighter the stops per car, the closer to the min we should be. The heavier the stops per car the closer to the max we should be. I really do believe the changing min/max is for us to feel a little better being in the gray.

ikoi62

+1 lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
It is true that money is the only concern for some people, for others it is having a life outside of brown.

It's actually funny that I said that I get paid by the hour, but I'm still off the clock daily by 6-630. Not this 8-9 o'clock stuff I hear you guys talking about.

chanman

Love your answer over9five about putting in 2 extra routes...our group of drivers have asking for an extra guy to help out and all we get told is " we have the drivers but no trucks ".
Guess U.P.S. is a little short on cash......

UnconTROLLed

perfection
One way centers can get more routes; when selfish me-first drivers start with working in unison with the contract and each other and forcing the company to put out more routes that should be there to begin with.

evilleace

One way centers can get more routes; when selfish me-first drivers start with working in unison with the contract and each other and forcing the company to put out more routes that should be there to begin with.

+100, if all drivers in my center took lunch and breaks. Then we would have at least 2-3 extra routes a day if not more.