Minimum Number of Hours if called In?

MassWineGuy

I’m confused about how many hours they must pay you for if you’re called in to work and it’s not your regular shift. My manager said four hours. But the manager handling Saturday yesterday said no. It was my day off.

Does anyone know the literal chapter and verse on this?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’m confused about how many hours they must pay you for if you’re called in to work and it’s not your regular shift. My manager said four hours. But the manager handling Saturday yesterday said no. It was my day off.

Unless it’s changed, it’s four hours. They CAN make you do other things in the building if they don’t have enough for you to do onroad. Some managers will say hours worked though trying to save hours. You’ll probably have to fight for it by showing that Mgr policy.

McFeely

Huge Member
From what I understand it's 2 (PT'ers) and 4 (FT'ers).

It is, however, paid at straight time and not OT rate. You will be paid OT rate at the hours worked, but not the hours on report-in pay. Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

It's been a long time since I've gotten report-in pay or minimums.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Wait.....aren’t you PT? If so, it’s two hours.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
From what I understand it's 2 (PT'ers) and 4 (FT'ers).

It is, however, paid at straight time and not OT rate. You will be paid OT rate at the hours worked, but not the hours on report-in pay. Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

It's been a long time since I've gotten report-in pay or minimums.
No. It’s OT. Your day off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I hope that's the case, but I don't believe it was when I received report-in pay on my day off. Hoping you're right!
I’m pretty sure that’s one of the sneaky things management does to people who don’t know better. You might want to check the Policy. It’s been awhile since I worked Saturdays and I had to fight many times for them to do the right thing. They finally just paid me and left me alone, when they realized how valuable I was doing the route I did every week. Lol.

McFeely

Huge Member
I’m pretty sure that’s one of the sneaky things management does to people who don’t know better.

I think it was automatically calculated that way in the system for the last time I had it. My hours worked on that day were calculated at OT rate, but the 1 or so hour of report-in pay was not.

Like I said, it's been a long time and I think I've only gotten report in pay twice in my entire time with the company. Never had minumums in the entire time either, always worked 40-60 hours weekly.

MAKAVELI

I think it was automatically calculated that way in the system for the last time I had it. My hours worked on that day were calculated at OT rate, but the 1 or so hour of report-in pay was not.

Like I said, it's been a long time and I think I've only gotten report in pay twice in my entire time with the company. Never had minumums in the entire time either, always worked 40-60 hours weekly.
Both are paid at ot rate. It shows up weird on the pay stub but the ot will be there.

MassWineGuy

I definitely get OT for working a day off. And I’m very careful when logging in to check off the Day Off box on the power pad.

I’m pt, so I guess it is a two hour minimum.

Thanks, crew.

floridays

I hope that's the case, but I don't believe it was when I received report-in pay on my day off. Hoping you're right!
She is, or at least was.
Any sixth day work is time and a half, scheduled, volunteered, or call in/mandated, four tens fifth day is ot.

MassWineGuy

Sure can, if you are on a four day 10 hour schedule the fifth work day is time and a half.
Didn't think it would be too difficult.
I guess you didn't go to MIT.

Nope. Only a masters degree from Northwestern. Sure glad I don’t work 10 hours a day. My nephew went to MIT. He works at Google.

Which community college did you attempt?

floridays

Nope. Only a masters degree at Northwestern. Sure glad I don’t work 10 hours a day.
Nice, masters in what?
Did you understand my plain English interpretation?
If so I'm glad, I related it simply enough so a master degreed box humper from Northwestern could understand it.

I'm glad you don't work 10 hours a day as well.
Forgive me for my humor, just playing, just jerking you around.

You aren't that far rom medicare, hope the downhill is fast and uneventful.
Take care buddy.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Is this what you are talking about? I’m not sure I guess.

Article 22
Sections 5. Wages
(d) All part-time employees governed by this Article shall be pro- vided a minimum daily three and one-half (3-1/2) hour guarantee.