Minimum Wage

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but how much do they deserve?

And a little advice, when you devalue someone elses hard labor, you devalue all hard labor.

Let's see, MINIMUM skill required? MINIMUM wage seems to fit.

Don't like the low minimum wage, then make yourself more valuable by learning a skill or two, or three

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Let's see, MINIMUM skill required? MINIMUM wage seems to fit.

Don't like the low minimum wage, then make yourself more valuable by learning a skill or two, or three
I am not saying they should be making $30 an hour.

But any worker that works 40 hours a week should be able to make enough to support him or herself with out the need for government assistance.

And besides, what are you concerned for?

Afraid you chicken nuggets are going to cost $10?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am not saying they should be making $30 an hour.

But any worker that works 40 hours a week should be able to make enough to support him or herself with out the need for government assistance.

And besides, what are you concerned for?

Afraid you chicken nuggets are going to cost $10?

They want $15 an hour, because these minimum wage jobs can't support their families. Minimum wage is what it is due to who fills those jobs. Unskilled people with no other options, due to a lack of skills, and are not motivated to improve their positions.

I worked in a body shop for years, startibg at 9 bucks an hour wirh ZERO skills, and worked my way up to maybe 16 an hour by working hard, and bwing able to learn more of the painting process and INCREASING production.

These goofs DO NOT deserve $15/hour to slap a patty on a bun, or drop fries for 8 hours a day. Drop fries, when the buzzer goes off, pick them up. Minimum wage might be TOO much for them

dezguy

They want $15 an hour, because these minimum wage jobs can't support their families. Minimum wage is what it is due to who fills those jobs. Unskilled people with no other options, due to a lack of skills, and are not motivated to improve their positions.

I worked in a body shop for years, startibg at 9 bucks an hour wirh ZERO skills, and worked my way up to maybe 16 an hour by working hard, and bwing able to learn more of the painting process and INCREASING production.

These goofs DO NOT deserve $15/hour to slap a patty on a bun, or drop fries for 8 hours a day. Drop fries, when the buzzer goes off, pick them up. Minimum wage might be TOO much for them
A lot of people would say the same about what we do for a living. I mean, really. You only need a highschool diploma to get hired at any of the major carriers and while myself and many others I work with have post secondary diploma's or certificates, there are those who only have their highschool and can do the job just as well as any of us.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I just lost a lot of respect that I had for you.

I did not think that you could be so heartless.

If you don't think that they deserve more money, do you think that the stock holders of the fast food companies NEED to be compensated so well?

How about warehouse workers?

How much do they deserve?

And why you are at it, why don't you tell us all how much every working persons job should pay starting with house painter and ending with a grocery checker?

You seem to be willing to put a value on other peoples hard work, so how about it?

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot of people would say the same about what we do for a living. I mean, really. You only need a highschool diploma to get hired at any of the major carriers and while myself and many others I work with have post secondary diploma's or certificates, there are those who only have their highschool and can do the job just as well as any of us.

You also need to factor in the starting wage and training (plus how hard the work is). No comparison to a fast food job. A HS graduate could definitely do the job at UPS or FedEx but again, the work is different so pay should be different.

dezguy

You also need to factor in the starting wage and training (plus how hard the work is). No comparison to a fast food job. A HS graduate could definitely do the job at UPS or FedEx but again, the work is different so pay should be different.
I agree the work is different but fastfood isn't just flipping burgers. I remember working fast food in highschool and through university and I was expected to know every position, be a plumber, compact garbage if the garbage bin was overflowing and pickup wasn't for a couple more days, ect.

I'm not saying they should make what we make but the companies who employ these minimum wagers are multi billion dollar company's. Why shouldn't the workers get a piece of that?

PT Car Washer

A High School drop out could be a UPS delivery driver and there most likely are a few. So why does a driver deserve $33/hr.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just lost a lot of respect that I had for you.

I'm ok with that. I have little respect on this board, anyway

I did not think that you could be so heartless.

You underestimate me

If you don't think that they deserve more money, do you think that the stock holders of the fast food companies NEED to be compensated so well?

Do the stock holders NEED to be compensated so well? Not really, but that's the nature of the beast

How about warehouse workers?

How about them?

How much do they deserve?

Right around $10, I'd Say

And why you are at it, why don't you tell us all how much every working persons job should pay starting with house painter and ending with a grocery checker?

You seem to be willing to put a value on other peoples hard work, so how about it?

Ain't nobody got time for that. Grocery checker's are a dying breed, soon they'll all be replaced with self checkouts

What's minimum wage....8 something? Yep, seems about right to me

Minimum wage jobs are meant to be "intro" jobs, teaching you responsibility and working for someone. It's not meant to support an entire family. They drop a basket of fries, when the timer goes off, they pick it up, flip it and salt, sure let's give them $12/hour. HA

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Your labor is worth whatever someone is willing to pay you for it. Employers will always try to pay their workers the least they can but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be willing to pay more. That's one of the most important parts of contract negotiations, finding out just how much the employer is willing to pay vs how much they want to pay and it's the main reason why anyone who works for a living should be in a union.