Minimums no longer exist everywhere?

JonDowd

Have minimums been banished everywhere, or just here in my area? Full timers are no longer being paid 35 hours if they don't get 35 in, and part timers the same (with 17.5 hours of course). Is this nationally or just in 3 Rivers District? Or just in our station (you never know at FedEx).

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Have minimums been banished everywhere, or just here in my area? Full timers are no longer being paid 35 hours if they don't get 35 in, and part timers the same (with 17.5 hours of course). Is this nationally or just in 3 Rivers District? Or just in our station (you never know at FedEx).

There are exceptions to the weekly minimum guarantees but they aren't always enforced.

59 Dano

Things like a late punch in will negate guarantee pay
not working a full shift ie you are full time and only get 5hrs, you need to see your manager before leaving or they "could" cancel your minimums
a few others as well.

Turning down available work is grounds for cancelling minimums even if it's a BS "come back in 3 hours and run a 30 minute shuttle" situation. It's their job to assign the additional work to a courier, not the courier's job to seek it out.

SmithBarney

Turning down available work is grounds for cancelling minimums even if it's a BS "come back in 3 hours and run a 30 minute shuttle" situation. It's their job to assign the additional work to a courier, not the courier's job to seek it out.
I'm saying if you leave before your shift P/T or friend/T is over you are required to ask. Because how can a manager assign work if they don't know your done.

59 Dano

I'm saying if you leave before your shift P/T or friend/T is over you are required to ask. Because how can a manager assign work if they don't know your done.

Must be a station- or market-specific policy. Your shift is over when you have completed all of your stops for the day and returned to the station.

But to answer your question, a manager has everything he needs to track your progress in real time and see how how much work you have left. There is no reason for the courier to need to ask if the manager is doing his job.

Oldfart

Shift? What does a shift consist of. You do your deliveries and pu's, you clear with dispatch and go home. How do you leave before your SHIFT is over? Are you rolling over deliveries do that day?

vantexan

Shift? What does a shift consist of. You do your deliveries and pu's, you clear with dispatch and go home. How do you leave before your SHIFT is over? Are you rolling over deliveries do that day?
I think he's saying you clear with dispatch when you are done and then your shift is over. Otherwise if anyone needs help they can direct you to them.

whenIgetthere

Must be a station- or market-specific policy. Your shift is over when you have completed all of your stops for the day and returned to the station.

But to answer your question, a manager has everything he needs to track your progress in real time and see how how much work you have left. There is no reason for the courier to need to ask if the manager is doing his job.

Agree, as any swing knows. As soon as you get to your last ten stops, many days you get a message to go help someone else. How, because the manager can see how many packages and stops you have left.

!Retired!

Things like a late punch in will negate guarantee pay
not working a full shift ie you are full time and only get 5hrs, you need to see your manager before leaving or they "could" cancel your minimums
a few others as well.
I have NEVER 'sought out my manager' for more work. He knows roughly what time I'll be done. If he wanted me to take more stops, he tells me in the morning. VERY rarely does he have me go help someone when I'm done. In fact, it's only happened once since peak that I was done and thy had me help someone. Every other time, I just get the extra work in the morning.
Wrong...

Correct..our shift is not hour based. You finish your deliveries and pick ups....you're done.
Agree, as any swing knows. As soon as you get to your last ten stops, many days you get a message to go help someone else. How, because the manager can see how many packages and stops you have left.
A manager doesn't sit there updating the screen watching how many stops you have left.......unless someone is desperate for help. Even then, he/she might call or send a message.

vantexan

I have NEVER 'sought out my manager' for more work. He knows roughly what time I'll be done. If he wanted me to take more stops, he tells me in the morning. VERY rarely does he have me go help someone when I'm done. In fact, it's only happened once since peak that I was done and thy had me help someone. Every other time, I just get the extra work in the morning.

Wrong...

Correct..our shift is not hour based. You finish your deliveries and pick ups....you're done.

A manager doesn't sit there updating the screen watching how many stops you have left.......unless someone is desperate for help. Even then, he/she might call or send a message.
My last mgr followed what I did during the day, made suggestions as to how to get done sooner. I covered a large area, if I had one way up in the corner she wanted me to give it to next route over. Been in a lot of stations where if it's on your rt you do it, you don't pawn it off on someone else, people get irritated very quickly. And mgrs never thought twice about it. So it does depend on mgr, some are just anal with control issues. Otherwise nice person, but she didn't like that I questioned it. And other courier was topped out, I was at starting pay. And believe me, she watched everyone and gave "advice" freely.

Oldfart

I think he's saying you clear with dispatch when you are done and then your shift is over. Otherwise if anyone needs help they can direct you to them.
We clear and head home. Some of us are about out of hours by the time we are thru with our own rt, no time to go help anyone. If you haven't gotten help by that time of time, you are on your own here. Sad but true.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My last mgr followed what I did during the day, made suggestions as to how to get done sooner. I covered a large area, if I had one way up in the corner she wanted me to give it to next route over. Been in a lot of stations where if it's on your rt you do it, you don't pawn it off on someone else, people get irritated very quickly. And mgrs never thought twice about it. So it does depend on mgr, some are just anal with control issues. Otherwise nice person, but she didn't like that I questioned it. And other courier was topped out, I was at starting pay. And believe me, she watched everyone and gave "advice" freely.
Sounds like she had WAY too much free time. No way any managers at my station have that much time. Our SM keeps them in meetings most of the day. Lol.