Minor injury during probation - Am I toast?

RickJamesBitch

What did the 5 fingers, say to the face?
Hello everyone. I have read A LOT and know the bashing will soon begin telling me that i'm toast, but here goes:

I was 23 working days in (Not union yet) and pulled a muscle in my back. I was out 4 working days before the Doctor released me back to work with no restrictions. I never missed a doctors or physical therapy appointment. It was handled under UPS workers comp and I claimed no lost time / mileage.

All 23 days i'm 10+ minutes early
My scan rate is 99%+
Zero mis-loads.
Great attitude and willing to learn
Always stay for late air
I've both loaded 3 trucks and split the belt loading 1.

Since the injury, the Pre-load manager hasn't put me back on the schedule. Every day I call and am told "No work tomorrow" due to volume being too low.

My UPS'er's account shows "lay off" every day...

Am I toast? I have a successful home business, i'm only here for the benefits which are costing a family of 4 a fortune currently.

Any managers, would you dismiss someone injured before making seniority?

Last edited:

RickJamesBitch

If you can't even make it 20 days without getting injured on the job, the company sees you as a future potential future liability.

I understand that and appreciate your input. How does it work, then? Will they not technically fire me, but write "lay off" in my time card until I eventually stop calling?

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I understand that and appreciate your input. How does it work, then? Will they not technically fire me, but write "lay off" in my time card until I eventually stop calling?
But either way, just keep calling. Be annoying. The turnover rate is way too high for them to be picky dickies

RickJamesBitch

I was told that guys like me with families are the ones who stay long term. They get "gym rats" in there that don't last 2 days. It takes time to build up pre-load muscles and the job isn't' for everyone. I'm up early anyway, so I enjoy it.

cachmeifucan

Just show up as if you were supposed to work once you are there looking you in the eye and screwing you is a lot harder play on emotions. Don't tell them you have successful biz. Tell them your broke and want to become a supervisor

RickJamesBitch

Just show up as if you were supposed to work once you are there looking you in the eye and screwing you is a lot harder play on emotions. Don't tell them you have successful biz. Tell them your broke and want to become a supervisor

I tried that the day after my time card wrongfully said “no call” and was immediately sent home. I could confirm other guys were being asked to go home voluntarily due to low volume.

been 3 weeks still not back to work

Nimnim

The Nim
As @Gumby said the company does see you as a liability, but if they haven't canned you officially yet don't call just show up day after day. If you really want this job for whatever reason this will force them to either can you officially or just accept you.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
As @Gumby said the company does see you as a liability, but if they haven't canned you officially yet don't call just show up day after day. If you really want this job for whatever reason this will force them to either can you officially or just accept you.
@Gumby is a fool and a prevert

RickJamesBitch

Why not just fire me? That’s the part I don’t understand, why string me along ??

As a person whose managed people in the past, I don’t understand the logic.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Hello everyone. I have read A LOT and know the bashing will soon begin telling me that i'm toast, but here goes:

I was 23 working days in (Not union yet) and pulled a muscle in my back. I was out 4 working days before the Doctor released me back to work with no restrictions. I never missed a doctors or physical therapy appointment. It was handled under UPS workers comp and I claimed no lost time / mileage.

All 23 days i'm 10+ minutes early
My scan rate is 99%+
Zero mis-loads.
Great attitude and willing to learn
Always stay for late air
I've both loaded 3 trucks and split the belt loading 1.

Since the injury, the Pre-load manager hasn't put me back on the schedule. Every day I call and am told "No work tomorrow" due to volume being too low.

My UPS'er's account shows "lay off" every day...

Am I toast? I have a successful home business, i'm only here for the benefits which are costing a family of 4 a fortune currently.

Any managers, would you dismiss someone injured before making seniority?
Come on out to Worldport. They wouldn't be able to afford to let you go.