MIP 2022

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Forgot what it stands for but its the opposite of VSAP. VSAP is voluntory separation. RSAP is mandatory separation, find yourself a new job or your out

Pretty sure 80% of my department would take either one at this point
I think around 1 Jan 2023 you will see a lot of people leave...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Forgot what it stands for but its the opposite of VSAP. VSAP is voluntory separation. RSAP is mandatory separation, find yourself a new job or your out

I think around 1 Jan 2023 you will see a lot of people leave...

Saw that with our HR and BD departments... one lady close to retirement went on long term disability for over a year till she had her medical age in. They did offer other jobs to the junior partners in (Operations) but most either quit or (volunteered to exit)...low seniority non union employees were the first to go, followed by some mid level MIPers who were eager to get out if dodge. The Fat Cats stayed daring the Company to do something about it, considering the stock doubling over the last 3 years they just might be waiting for another VSAP buy out.

DiadesSuk

It's more of a "We will tell you when you can leave the company but you will be forced to leave at that time" process. Had I had the opportunity to leave the moment they cut the VSAP check, I wouldve wrapped it up and planned employment around that EXACT date. What they did was "we want you to leave just when we tell you that you can leave".

johnbuck

It's more of a "We will tell you when you can leave the company but you will be forced to leave at that time" process. Had I had the opportunity to leave the moment they cut the VSAP check, I wouldve wrapped it up and planned employment around that EXACT date. What they did was "we want you to leave just when we tell you that you can leave".
Yep for us too. It was like a 6 month period on when our last day would be. Also they had like a 80 page VSAP document and on page 77 snuck in a large list of companies we could not work for. If we got employed by one of those companies we had to forfeit the VSAP payment

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep for us too. It was like a 6 month period on when our last day would be. Also they had like a 80 page VSAP document and on page 77 snuck in a large list of companies we could not work for. If we got employed by one of those companies we had to forfeit the VSAP payment
Johnbuck… are those companies forbidden open for discussion or held under lock and key???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's not double the money from my understanding...

As a I said in another thread, once I am done, no do overs.
Not exactly double but more for those 2 months than they made while on the books…don’t blame you for not coming back..you pretty much worked a job and a half throughout the years.. we all have.

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
You need to come out of the ivory tower for a bit and see what really goes on out here
Nah I'm good :raspberry-tounge:
Cheryl, why don't we rename this sub-forum the UPS stock price-MIP forum. That's all these fools think about. Just look at all the past threads. The only time they are "partners" is when the mip is handed out.
Can you blame us? Management is a piggy bank that corporate raids when the numbers are not ideal and a punching bag for all union-related tomfoolery. Not to mention the human bone meal creation unit that is being an Operations Partner. Holy hell those guys put in some hours. I don't see how anyone could do that job without MIP. Also to be fair, this thread may be titled 'MIP' but there's a whole lotta tangents and subjects being discussed, here I'll go:
I'm a newer Partner (5 years) and the UPS I'm in is nothing like the one Partners talk about. Had to throw the Legacy and Value books in recycling due to sheer disconnect between that daydream and reality. Partners help me cope or tell me why I'm wrong.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

Can you blame us? Management is a piggy bank that corporate raids when the numbers are not ideal and a punching bag for all union-related tomfoolery. Not to mention the human bone meal creation unit that is being an Operations Partner. Holy hell those guys put in some hours. I don't see how anyone could do that job without MIP. Also to be fair, this thread may be titled 'MIP' but there's a whole lotta tangents and subjects being discussed, here I'll go:
I'm a newer Partner (5 years) and the UPS I'm in is nothing like the one Partners talk about. Had to throw the Legacy and Value books in recycling due to sheer disconnect between that daydream and reality. Partners help me cope or tell me why I'm wrong.
I dunno I'm in IE so it's pretty nice for me

I've been in ops before, it's no big deal unless you don't know how to handle brain dead DMs

DiadesSuk

Im a seasoned partner, I experienced the same you did just 12+ years ago. Let me sum this up for you: when they say jump, you ask how high. when they say bark, you ask how loud. UPS purged the old guard if you were a Nay sayer. They kept you on board if you followed the new guards lead. Trust me when i say this, its not getting any better and at the rate UPS IT is going, anyone with talent is bailing. 3rd party logistic companies are paying TOP PAY for UPS'ers right now and theres no question about it. The offer made to me, no only beat my current salary about 25k but they matches my 10 UPS vacation starting day one. UPs is no longer a retirement company. It's a revolving door. They want you for the knowledge, then they want it shot offshore for an india based company to support it. As I said above, ill collect my retirement fund and bounce after March 5th. Im not even remotely shy about saying that. UPS is too busy playing politics to care for the people. I know theres another VSAP coming but my guess is itll land in 2023. So if i was anyone in IT, I would keep my eyes and ears open to Sr management meetings and how they start navigating future solutioning of our systems. Its all going offshore. Every bit of it.

DiadesSuk

Didn't you just say in the post above you are leaving 3/5??
im 100% leaving.. I was just saying, they wouldn't let me take a buyout when it was offered. I survived a team of 30 employees. I was personally told if i requested the VSAP they would reject it. They cant stop me from turning in my 2 week notice after my stocks fully vest and i get my 2021 MIP payment lol.. Ill be leaving some serious money on the table when i do but who cares.. MIP format was only designed for employee retention. Keeping my bonus for 5 years and slowly handing it to me year after year was and is still one of the dirtiest management tactics Ive ever witnessed in my 25 year IT career and that's working with some large companies.

See, corp employees have their money held hostage. It used to take being an UPS'er 5 years to start getting 100% MIP pay out. Its a corp vesting period. Every year you got another 20% of a MIP payout meaning your RPU's converted to stocks that you could sell or keep. It was an unspoken and VERY enforced rule on not selling them. A report was sent out quarterly to certain individuals that would tell directors+ that employees sold their shares and you would be called into an office. The people that heavily enforced that are no longer with UPS do to forced retirement etc but some still linger and they still question it.

DiadesSuk

Johnbuck… are those companies forbidden open for discussion or held under lock and key???
Its made up of the obvious companies. IT was heavily hit with VSAP/RSAP but the fear that the development technologies being shared with competitors is a true fear lol.. Headhunters wake me up and sing me songs every week asking for me to relocate. If theres one thing UPS does for an IT professionals career its make us EXTREMELY desirable to the largest and fastest growing logistic companies in the world. I could be terminated this second and have 3 offers by 8pm this evening. Good stuff.