MIP awards for mgt

airbusfxr

Just heard the MIP exceeded all expectations for Managers. I saw a few new rides in the parking lot, so I guess the bosses made great bonuses.

brownIEman

No kidding hoax, you and me both.

I drove a 30 year old vehicle before the MIP came out. But that was a month ago and things have certainly changed. Now I drive a 30 year and one month old vehicle!

But some managers must have gotten a big bonus. I mean, airbusfxr has seen a few new rides in the parking lot, so I mean, that can ONLY mean the bosses got big bonuses. How can you argue with iron clad logic and better than DNA evidence like that?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
No kidding hoax, you and me both.

I drove a 30 year old vehicle before the MIP came out. But that was a month ago and things have certainly changed. Now I drive a 30 year and one month old vehicle!

But some managers must have gotten a big bonus. I mean, airbusfxr has seen a few new rides in the parking lot, so I mean, that can ONLY mean the bosses got big bonuses. How can you argue with iron clad logic and better than DNA evidence like that?

The new cars probably belong to the boeingfxrs.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey Mr. Jingles,

Your sig line is my favorite song from the band "Smashing Pumpkins"...Well it goes like this..."Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage"..

Or rather something like this...Crank it!!:wink2:

[video=youtube;pD9vPpqYlgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9vPpqYlgY[/video]

It came out in 1995 or 1996, good years for the MIP, I think....

Last edited:

worldwide

Just heard the MIP exceeded all expectations for Managers. I saw a few new rides in the parking lot, so I guess the bosses made great bonuses.

You sure it was not some new cars from the mechanics? After all, the mechanics make about $43/hour (or an average salary of $89,400/year). That places above the 90th percentile of aircraft mechanic wages, which is about $69,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). UPS mechanics have great fringe benefits as well. They pay no co-pay for health insurance, have both a defined contribution pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Their increase in top rate of pay from 2000 to 2006, the term of the contract being renegotiated was 40 percent, while total wage growth for all U.S. workers in that period was 19 percent, according to UPS and BLS.

Better check who is driving those new rigs again...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hey Mr. Jingles,

Your sig line is my favorite song from the band "Smashing Pumpkins"...Well it goes like this..."Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage"..

It came out in 1995 or 1996, good years for the MIP, I think....

Thanks - That was my theme song while in school.

Wouldn't know about MIP in 95 ... I imagine it was better than this year.

randomUPSISer

MIP was 1.2 this year. That's 1.2 times the monthly salary of management. Considering UPS management is paid LESS on a monthly basis than a lot of other similar jobs, and that our "total compensation" is ALWAYS quoted with a 2.0 MIP factor, that's actually a pay cut.

Now, it WAS above nearly everyone's expectations. However, nearly everyone expected it to be non-existent this year. In that case, yes anything is "beyond expectations". That doesn't mean any of us are rolling in the dough though. I do believe its still a historical low.

Thanks for playing though.