Mirrors

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You know how girls get excited about having a good hair day? Well I had a perfect mirror day the other day! They didn't move all day and were perfect. Sad the little things that excite me....

kingOFchester

Other then at the building, the only time I fold in the driver side mirror is when I am making a DR at a house that I know. If it is signature required, I do not fold. If it is a package that I am not going to DR, I do not fold. If it is a delivery at a business that may have something going out, I do not fold. I will only fold in when I know that I will be getting back in the truck and driving away. If there is a chance that I am going to have to go in the back of the truck to put a send again or and ADS or what have you, I will not fold the mirror in.

I am not going to blindly stick my hand out to push a mirror back out in order to save a 10.00 mirror, and risk loosing my hand. Yes, you can see if traffic is coming when you are getting in the truck, but if you go in the back to drop off a package then you will have no idea if anything is coming.

UPSGUY72

U didn't fold your mirrors in when u parked?

I never fold my mirrors in with or without a SUP on board and I tell them that. If someone is close enough to hit the mirror they are going to take off the side of the package at the same time. Then I tell them what happens when the car washer break a mirror while parking the cars or I crack one when I hit a branch nothing.

Big Babooba

I never fold my mirrors in with or without a SUP on board and I tell them that. If someone is close enough to hit the mirror they are going to take off the side of the package at the same time. Then I tell them what happens when the car washer break a mirror while parking the cars or I crack one when I hit a branch nothing.

You sir make too much sense. We can't have that kind of talk at UPS!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Not since I almost lost my left arm. I used to physically crane my neck to see if anyone was coming before "re-deploying" my driver side mirror and one day it looked clear, someone turned left out of a parking lot across the street and came 2 inches from my left hand. I no longer fold in my mirror. If somone is going to hit my parked vehicle & they want to call it avoidable such as life. I'm not losing an arm.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Me either was being a bit of a smart@$$.

jaker

trolling
You know how girls get excited about having a good hair day? Well I had a perfect mirror day the other day! They didn't move all day and were perfect. Sad the little things that excite me....
Know how you feel , I had to write up my DVIR 8 times before they finally fixed my mirror from folding in when on the freeway

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I bought a couple of cheap, compact crescent wrenches at the dollar store that live in my truck for the sole purpose of tightening and adjusting my mirrors while out on route. I am kind of anal when it comes to my mirrors, I want them at a certain angle in a certain position and if they are off by even a hair it bugs the hell out me.

S

serenity now

I bought a couple of cheap, compact crescent wrenches at the dollar store that live in my truck for the sole purpose of tightening and adjusting my mirrors while out on route. I am kind of anal when it comes to my mirrors, I want them at a certain angle in a certain position and if they are off by even a hair it bugs the hell out me.

thought it was just me; what a relief :happy-very:

S

serenity now

along those same lines, i want the right amount of drag on the fiber washers that secure the green visor; enough so that it will stay in position, but not too hard to move * got those wrenches close by *

in 30 years, i have never heard anything about folding mirrors * sometimes they get folded when going down a narrow lane by the brush and small trees though

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Other then at the building, the only time I fold in the driver side mirror is when I am making a DR at a house that I know. If it is signature required, I do not fold. If it is a package that I am not going to DR, I do not fold. If it is a delivery at a business that may have something going out, I do not fold. I will only fold in when I know that I will be getting back in the truck and driving away. If there is a chance that I am going to have to go in the back of the truck to put a send again or and ADS or what have you, I will not fold the mirror in.

I am not going to blindly stick my hand out to push a mirror back out in order to save a 10.00 mirror, and risk loosing my hand. Yes, you can see if traffic is coming when you are getting in the truck, but if you go in the back to drop off a package then you will have no idea if anything is coming.

I am having a hard time following your thought process on this one. I would think, if anything, that you would not fold the mirror in when you are only going to be parked for a minute and would fold it in if you are going to be at the stop for a few minutes or so.

We only have one route in my center where this is an issue due to the congestion and lack of parking spaces.

I don't fold my mirrors in and was not asked to during my recent S&V ride.

oldngray

nowhere special
My center started giving out warning letters if you didn't fold in street side mirror at every stop. Just another form of harassment.

S

serenity now

no wonder so many folks on here are always angry * some of the BS you have to deal with

kingOFchester

I am having a hard time following your thought process on this one. I would think, if anything, that you would not fold the mirror in when you are only going to be parked for a minute and would fold it in if you are going to be at the stop for a few minutes or so.

We only have one route in my center where this is an issue due to the congestion and lack of parking spaces.

I don't fold my mirrors in and was not asked to during my recent S&V ride.

My determination on when to fold in the mirror has nothing to do with the length of time at a stop. It has to do with if I will be going in the back of the truck after making delivery. If I know it is a DR and I will be getting back in truck and immediately drive off, then I am able to see if traffic is coming and will be able to extend mirror back out.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Me, too.

Notretiredyet

We have a mirror check station here, very few have ever used it. Did you know there is now a standard for mirror position? Think it's 18/22/51, refers to where the mirrors should be at in the bottom inside corner of upper mirror and top inside of lower mirror at the check station. Left side target is 18" from ground, right side target is 51" both are 22ft from mirror at rear of vehicle. Going to check them when they do my next safety ride, just to see how to oncar reacts to me wasting minutes of valuable am time.

kingOFchester

It would be a real hoot if every driver stopped and used the mirror station before leaving in the AM. I would guess that it would take several hours before the last truck hit the streets.