Misload Mitigation

I'm pretty sure this is going to be a waste of time as this place seems to be full of keyboard warriors, however, Im looking to see if anyone has any tips or tricks, aside from working the belt methods, to prevent misloads.

Box Ox

This sounds trivial, but most folks won't actively do it: Whenever you're about to put a package on the shelf or on the floor, have a glance at the PAL labels in your immediate view. If it doesn't match what you're holding your head will letcha know.

It's hard for anybody who wasn't a preloader to understand. But when the flow gets very heavy, and your back is to your trucks, it's not difficult to lose track of where you're standing and walk into the wrong truck.

If your management team hasn't put route name signs up above the bulkhead door of every truck that you can see going in, they really should. Can miss the route names/load sheets on the outside of the trucks as you're making the motion to turn from the belt to the truck.

I also had to occasionally prevent neighboring loaders from accidentally walking into my first or last trucks. This was solved by putting a large package or item at either end of my set. One that wouldn't block the belt catwalk, but would signal to my neighbor that they'd walked too far.

Thanks, I'll bring up extra marking. Im a P/T Sup, I was a peak driver before. Trying to figure out a way to get the misloads down. We lost a lot of our experienced loaders to become drivers and the current loaders had very little training.

542thruNthru

I'm pretty sure this is going to be a waste of time as this place seems to be full of keyboard warriors, however, Im looking to see if anyone has any tips or tricks, aside from working the belt methods, to prevent misloads.

Call me a keyboard warrior! I'll teach you!!
MLI1cah.gif

Box Ox

Thanks, I'll bring up extra marking. Im a P/T Sup, I was a peak driver before. Trying to figure out a way to get the misloads down. We lost a lot of our experienced loaders to become drivers and the current loaders had very little training.

Having a preload sup go through routes and scan for misloads/pull 'em out during the sort helps as well. Especially for new/problem loaders who are poorly trained or don't pay attention. Prevents the misload and the sup can let the loader know what they found. Gives the loader some self-awareness about what they're doing and helps everybody get along better the next day when the reports are printed. I very rarely misloaded but appreciated a sup scanning for misloads whenever they wanted as long as they didn't get in my damn way.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s the problem... people loading 6 cars on poverty wages in the early morning... what the hell does the company expect to happen... they have made it painfully obvious over the years that they dgaf about proper staffing and training... stop trying to cover for them and support your people..

With out manning I do my best to scan trucks but Im not able to get into them as often as Id like. The most our loaders have is 3 cars per loader. They make a fair wage for around here.

Obviously I have no control over HR issues. Loaders get more hours than I do. Stating problems doesnt fix anything. Im doing the best I can with what I have to work with

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
flex supervisor here seems like a pretty sweet 2nd side job. You always are called in on light days. No heavy days. And you get to look at people and checkmark boxes every day there. Not a career just easy $

I garuntee you normal sups are running the 4+ car pulls and getting slammed by upper management much more.