Misload procedure

zero

Who runs misloads at your center? Talked to someone at another center and he said they hand them out as drivers come in. At our center they are picking and choosing from the bottom part of seniority list. What is contractually correct?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Misloads are not specifically addressed in the contract but it is standard practice to offer the work in seniority order but to force from the bottom up if needed.

Man Of Brown

Here an air driver or code 5 driver might come meet you and either deliver it or shuttle it to the correct driver. Sometimes they tell us to meet up with the correct driver (if they are the route next to you) or you just deliver it yourself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our center we run them off if they are close enough; if not, we are told them to drop them to be picked up later in the day, most likely by a supervisor who will bring them back to the building and sheet them as LIB.

Supervisors always come meet us and shuttle misloads around. Often they will deliver the packages also and tell us to sheet them up delivered. Some supervisors will take packages on their way home at night and deliver them so they are not missed. Its a joke!

By The Book

Supervisors always come meet us and shuttle misloads around. Often they will deliver the packages also and tell us to sheet them up delivered. Some supervisors will take packages on their way home at night and deliver them so they are not missed. Its a joke!
Sounds like a sups working grievance to me. Let them know you will be filing in the presence of a steward, and if it continues don't feel bad about the free money.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Sounds like a sups working grievance to me. Let them know you will be filing in the presence of a steward, and if it continues don't feel bad about the free money.
That practice was stopped long time ago by corporate , because of an insurance issue , when sups in personal car, delivering or transporting misloads , if a grievance is filed for that, someone is gonna get in some BIG trouble.....

By The Book

That practice was stopped long time ago by corporate , because of an insurance issue , when sups in personal car, delivering or transporting misloads , if a grievance is filed for that, someone is gonna get in some BIG trouble.....
So are you saying this practice has stopped at brownbendsmeovers center? or has it stopped in your center? It sounds like it is still going on.

I'm sorry but my local is weak. They know about the misload thing and nothing is done! I have been threatened in front of my stewart and bus. agent about dropping grievances and they tell me to just drop the grievance. I have lost all my respect for my local.