Misloads and The Policy

PriceyandDicey

As a supervisor I would like some feedback on the topic of chasing misloaded packages in our personal vehicle? Is this happening anywhere else in the country and if so to what degree....i.e. how many miles a day or hours a day are other supervisors taking to pickup the misloaded packages??? Are you being paid for mileage while doing this or not??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Supervisors shuttle packages everyday where I am at, the FT Preload Sup usually works to 3 or 4 in the afternoon moving missorts around in his personal vehicle. I don't know if they are reimbursed in any way, they should be. I usually have two missorts a day, nothing ever happens to my Preloader.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our on-car normally uses a PC to shuttle misloads while our dispatch sup and center manager use their personal vehicles. I would think that they would be reimbursed for the fuel.

Let's see how long it takes for the Joe Unions to cry "grievance".

UPSSOCKS

As a supervisor I would like some feedback on the topic of chasing misloaded packages in our personal vehicle? Is this happening anywhere else in the country and if so to what degree....i.e. how many miles a day or hours a day are other supervisors taking to pickup the misloaded packages??? Are you being paid for mileage while doing this or not??

As you should chase misloads.... If you continue to let employees misload, then you should chase them down. It only takes about 10 misloads to have an employee terminated. I use a six step approach that will lead up to a termination that is unreversible. Go in tonight and give the employees a verbal warning with a union steward present. The first employee that gets two more misloads receives a written warning, and from then hand out suspensions until you get to a termination. 9 times out of 10 a warning letter is where it ends. People don't wake up and say "I can't wait to misload packages today at work."

UPSSOCKS

Our on-car normally uses a PC to shuttle misloads while our dispatch sup and center manager use their personal vehicles. I would think that they would be reimbursed for the fuel.

If someone would try to file a grievance for me chasing down misloads, I would pay the first one.

pretzel_man

Supervisors shuttle packages everyday where I am at, the FT Preload Sup usually works to 3 or 4 in the afternoon moving missorts around in his personal vehicle. I don't know if they are reimbursed in any way, they should be. I usually have two missorts a day, nothing ever happens to my Preloader.

Out of curiousity, do you report both of those missorts in the DIAD?

When I look at missorts, I see few reported in the DIAD.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You only record it in the DIAD if you deliver it or sheet it as missed. If someone comes and gets it or you drop it off for someone it shows up as a delivered package. We could have 50 misloads in a day but if they all get shuttled to where they belong it shows up as none. A supervisor should have more important things to do then chase misloads all day. Like I said in another thread, a part time office girl can chase misloads.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers

GRIEVANCE! Ka Ching! , baby.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

Do the sups record the deliveries they make in DIAD? Is it legal to transport interstate commerce packages in personal vehicle? Does every LIB get recorded?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Out of curiousity, do you report both of those missorts in the DIAD? .

I always text missorts in on the DIAD and I also record them in the Preload Communication option. I will also type in "Good Job" or "Excellent Job" when I don't have any, I believe in making positive comments. Too bad more drivers don't do that and try to communicate with the Preloader that makes or breaks your day. As far as supervisors shuttling missorts around, I see it that the preloader failed to do his job properly in the first place. They threaten them with warning letters and such, but nothing seems to happen.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do the sups record the deliveries they make in DIAD? Is it legal to transport interstate commerce packages in personal vehicle? Does every LIB get recorded?
Another DIAD being used will show that another route is on the road, so I do not see this happening. In the past, some management teams have gotten in trouble for using a DIAD and putting a driver's name in it and delivering left in buildings and missorts. They would then merge that data into the real driver's data to hide it. If the Center gets audited, they look for stuff like this as an integrity issue, I have seen some Center Managers and Supervisors fired for it.

tarbar66

Last I knew packages could be delivered out of a personal vehicle as long there was a temporary car paper with correct DOT #'s on it visible. Those packages may have been in recorded in a DIAD that was considered the Center board. Another gray area in Big Brown!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If someone would try to file a grievance for me chasing down misloads, I would pay the first one.

I have been paid on multiple ocasions for supervisors shuttling missloads. That is hourly work and should be treated as such. If your reading this and see a sup shuttling misloads file for the time(Sup working is double time).

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Last I knew packages could be delivered out of a personal vehicle as long there was a temporary car paper with correct DOT #'s on it visible. Those packages may have been in recorded in a DIAD that was considered the Center board. Another gray area in Big Brown!

Nothing grey about it. The progression of a package in any way is hourly work, if it is being done in any way by a sup it is a violation of the contract that the company agreed to.

Upstate this is for you, "FILE A GRIEVANCE"

brownedout

As you should chase misloads.... If you continue to let employees misload, then you should chase them down. It only takes about 10 misloads to have an employee terminated. I use a six step approach that will lead up to a termination that is unreversible. Go in tonight and give the employees a verbal warning with a union steward present. The first employee that gets two more misloads receives a written warning, and from then hand out suspensions until you get to a termination. 9 times out of 10 a warning letter is where it ends. People don't wake up and say "I can't wait to misload packages today at work."

Finally! I always knew, someone, somewhere, had to care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You only record it in the DIAD if you deliver it or sheet it as missed. If someone comes and gets it or you drop it off for someone it shows up as a delivered package. We could have 50 misloads in a day but if they all get shuttled to where they belong it shows up as none. A supervisor should have more important things to do then chase misloads all day. Like I said in another thread, a part time office girl can chase misloads.

BM, what P-Man is talking about is the new feature in the DIAD to report misloads. You press 6 then 3 then 4, scan the package and indicate Y or N if you can deliver it. This does two things--it takes that package out of EDD of the driver who is supposed to have it and lets the center team know where the pkg is. I will also let them know where I intend to leave the misload so that it can be picked up and shuttled to the right driver.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
BM, what P-Man is talking about is the new feature in the DIAD to report misloads. You press 6 then 3 then 4, scan the package and indicate Y or N if you can deliver it. This does two things--it takes that package out of EDD of the driver who is supposed to have it and lets the center team know where the pkg is. I will also let them know where I intend to leave the misload so that it can be picked up and shuttled to the right driver.

I use that feature if it's an off area misload. If it's something I can deliver or for the guys next to me we handle it in house. With my loader it's usually an EDD problem and not a misload.

JonFrum

Do they do a pre- and post-trip and sign the DVIR? Do they keep the bulkhead door closed? Do their superiors follow them secretly to assure they are using all the Methods at all times?

JonFrum

Why propose that one contract violation be replaced by another?

pretzel_man

Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall this... The DIAD misload screen asks if you can deliver it or not?? Is that true.

If a missort is shuttled to you, then it was either a left in building package or a misload on someone else's car. If that person recorded it as a misload, it will still be counted. Somehow, I remember that being the procedure.

People are looking at the number of misloads drivers record. I want drivers to record all misloads so its visible....