Misloads

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Ok this is new but a few guys in my building are being told to sheet misloads as no such street.

I assume this is being done to avoid showing missed packages on reports. Question is if you do it can they come after you for doing it, if if you refuse to do it can they come after you for not working as directed?

Aslo if mgmt. is now hiding stuff like this to look better are they risking their jobs telling us to do this stuff.

packageguy

What I would do is send a message in diad saying these are streets you wanted me to sheet as no such street. If there are any questions them them print your message you sent, YOU MUST COVER YOUR ASS.

westin

That is unethical. If its not delivered by the time you get back and no other arrangements are made then it is missed. You need to call your Sups out on that. It also makes UPS look like idiots.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
That is unethical. If its not delivered by the time you get back and no other arrangements are made then it is missed. You need to call your Sups out on that. It also makes UPS look like idiots.

I myself just sheet them as missed no matter what I am told, my worry is one day they are going to come after the guys who are WAD. The thing that bugs me the most is that if I just do what they are telling me to do I could lose my job. But somehow its ok for them to tell us to do it.

kingOFchester

here is what I would do:

send in missload info to center.
The end of the day send message stating you will sheet as missed unless directed otherwise.
Get print out of message upon return to building.
Keep printout with date and time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
tell them to text you that direct order on your cell and save it for a later date!

Or, just take a picture of the message with your phone.

Personally for me, a miss is a miss. That's being honest, and I think management would have a hard time justifying "not working as directed."

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Take a picture on your cell phone, then tell your sups you feel this is 'falsifying records'. If they still insist, keep doing what they tell you, but let them you think this is dishonesty, and that you want to email a picture of their instructions to Scott Davis or someone else in Sandy Springs to verify that this method is correct. That should end this practice. It may be that the building manager is directing the package car center to avoid, at all costs, missed packages, and that they need to enter these misroutes as something different. Make no mistake, a member of management will canned just as readily as one of us. In our district, we've had four sups lose their jobs for boosting their numbers. It can, and will happen.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I get a kick out of the "don't sheet it, bring it to the office" message. Especially after I've already sheeted it missed.:devil3:

UPSGUY72

Just sheet it as missed. That what it is. I like them try to write you up for not following a directions when the direction they are telling you are to falsify (lie) about why the package didn't get delivered. That would go over real well at a panel, hearing or talking with your BA or steward.

ymelord

I send in a message I'm going to have a missed, and as soon as I hit send I start sheeting it up as a missed. Work as directed call their bluff, as I'm sure they don't want to draw attention to themselves for lying.

kingOFchester

Just sheet it as missed. That what it is. I like them try to write you up for not following a directions when the direction they are telling you are to falsify (lie) about why the package didn't get delivered. That would go over real well at a panel, hearing or talking with your BA or steward.

All well and good, until they decide to put a bulls eye on your back. Also, our contract states that we are to work as directed. I look for the easy way to get through my days at UPS. That is work as directed, and document anything and everything that could be deemed not to be kosher. If something comes of the directive that you are following you simply show the documentation that will prove you were simply following orders as the contract states. I don't want any heat from sups for "not playing ball". Not that I am doing wrong out there, just want to have the smoothest day possible and this is what works best for me. Work as directed and CYA by documenting.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My favorite write up is a 'not working as directed'. So easy to get thrown out.