misloads

U

uber

Whats the farthest you've gone to deliver a misload? I drove 40 miles to deliver 2 misloads the other day. It doesn't really bother me $$$$

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Whats the farthest you've gone to deliver a misload?

Back to the center at the end of the day....but seriously I've only delivered misloads for 1 route over and never driven more than like 10 minutes off trace for it. If a consignee specifically called in and said I had an important misload onboard I'd go out of my way to help them...within reason.

U

uber

Seems like some places value service more than others. In our building (or atleast center) sheeting a package as missed is a last resort.

BrownArmy

Seems like some places value service more than others. In our building (or atleast center) sheeting a package as missed is a last resort.

In my center, it seems to depend on the day (flavor)...

Sometimes they'll send another driver to pick up the misload, or instruct me to meet the proper driver to make an exchange.

Sometimes I never hear a single thing (MISSED).

Like the sup(s) said, it's SAFETY, PRODUCTION, SERVICE.

In that order, don't you forget it, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Back to the center at the end of the day....but seriously I've only delivered misloads for 1 route over and never driven more than like 10 minutes off trace for it. If a consignee specifically called in and said I had an important misload onboard I'd go out of my way to help them...within reason.

...or you would work as directed like the rest of us....

We have a new District Manager and an interim center manager. The DM has directed that we are allowed to have a total of one missed per day in our center. Our interim center manager has directed that we go through our cars prior to 1400 and that we would have to run off any misloads found after that time. The problems our center has delivery areas that are one hour from the building so I will be curious to see if this was just an idle threat or if he intends to follow through on this. My loader has 3 pkg cars and any misloads that I do get are usually for one of the other 2 cars which deliver in an area 1 hour away. This should be interesting.

S

serenity now

...or you would work as directed like the rest of us....

We have a new District Manager and an interim center manager. The DM has directed that we are allowed to have a total of one missed per day in our center. Our interim center manager has directed that we go through our cars prior to 1400 and that we would have to run off any misloads found after that time. The problems our center has delivery areas that are one hour from the building so I will be curious to see if this was just an idle threat or if he intends to follow through on this. My loader has 3 pkg cars and any misloads that I do get are usually for one of the other 2 cars which deliver in an area 1 hour away. This should be interesting.

sounds like you had a shake-up at the top; what happened?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have the same "policy" but there has to be common sense applied to each case. If the misload is a premium product there should be no argument----the package gets delivered regardless of cost. If the misload is a ground, basic or surepost, a cost/benefit analysis should be done to see if running off the package warrants paying a FT driver $45/hr or if you take the hit and sheet it as missed.

Our new DM is big on service and my center is allowed a total of 1 missed per day. Misloads are a big deal. We are required to go through our cars by 1400 and any misloads found after that time must be run off.

S

serenity now

you are the one spewing out all of this unsolicited information, but then you grow suddenly silent
afraid of reprisal, perhaps?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If I was told to deliver something obviously I would. In our center it is primarily missed business that is a big deal. If I get a misload for the other center in our building no one cares and it will be onboard all day. I've never been instructed to deliver a misload more than 1 route away. They would rather send someone to pick it up from me than pay me to go off area.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I deliver anything I'm told not to sheet as missed. I don't get paid to figure out what the mileage limit is on misloads, I get paid to deliver them.

wayfair

swollen member
Our sup's come out and shuttle, even the center manager will brown out and do it. Have to go thru load by 2pm and big arrow down...

U

uber

I'm happy to deliver misloads as its essentially easy money. But, it doesn't make sense in my opinion to deliver an amazon book 25 miles away from my route like I did today. Hey, if they're willing to give me overtime to go to Timbuktu to deliver a package then so be it.