Misloads

Delivery!!!

My various loaders this week have a total of almost 30 misloads so far this week. That is counting ones on me that shouldn't have been and ones I was missing. Getting out of hand. How does this rank among everyone else?

JustDeliverIt

I have to admit, with the usual routes I cover, I have an amazing loader. I might get one a week. If they move my route to a different location, usually two or three a day. They push using the scanners hard in our building and it works out well for the most part.
Bigger issue is finding it in the truck. Most loaders are content getting it in the right truck, putting it on the right shelf is too much of a hassle I guess.

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
I get maybe 1 misload a month. I take care of my loader during xmas tho... think last December I gave him $140.00 it's an incentive and I really appreciate him.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My various loaders this week have a total of almost 30 misloads so far this week. That is counting ones on me that shouldn't have been and ones I was missing. Getting out of hand. How does this rank among everyone else?
It is ten times higher than average but also still not a surprise.
Loaders will generally get multiple (tens) of misloads per week or 0-1 per week. There are not many people in between.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Winner!!!!

wpL9Am.gif

john chesney

It has gotten so bad it ruins your whole day. Gone are the days when you could walk from the front to the back of truck looking for the rare occasional misload . I remember when you would be getting disciplined for misloads the standard was 1 in 3000 packages. I’ve had a dozen misloads out of 300 packages in my truck absolutely absurd

AwashBwashCwash

It has gotten so bad it ruins your whole day. Gone are the days when you could walk from the front to the back of truck looking for the rare occasional misload . I remember when you would be getting disciplined for misloads the standard was 1 in 3000 packages. I’ve had a dozen misloads out of 300 packages in my truck absolutely absurd

You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
You get more money per hour into your pension than some of these guys' actual wages.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If its skilled then how are new drivers making scratch in their first 30 days.
Many of them will also get hurt or quit due to stress very quickly. UPS has promoted a culture for people to be permanantly bitter and/or doing stupid unsafe s*. "skilled" in this sense is the ability to be a driver or preloader that can ease their own stress and work in a safe manner.

Turns out putting things onto shelves designed to hold them and delivering them is a lot easier when you aren't cooked up on energy drinks, adreneline and stress.