Misplaced My Paycheck

jdmef3

Can't seem to find my paycheck. I've read on the web that you can report it and they will put a stop payment on the check as well as issue you a new one. Is this true?

barnyard

KTM rider
​Go talk to your sup. And get direct deposit.

Direct deposit is supposed to save the company a significant amount of money every year. The company could get close to 100% direct deposit participation if every year, they gave us a little chunk of that savings.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Direct deposit is supposed to save the company a significant amount of money every year. The company could get close to 100% direct deposit participation if every year, they gave us a little chunk of that savings.
They'd get better participation in getting acct's if they'd give us credit for those as well.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
You dont want direct. Get a pay check thats worth something. On top of that, see if they cheated you out on a few minutes, hours and the other.

Had a friend who went direct and found out a year later they were cheating him out on hours, minutes, VAC and opininal days. Get a pay check thats worth something and keep track of those hours.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You dont want direct. Get a pay check thats worth something. On top of that, see if they cheated you out on a few minutes, hours and the other.

Had a friend who went direct and found out a year later they were cheating him out on hours, minutes, VAC and opininal days. Get a pay check thats worth something and keep track of those hours.
BS - I have direct deposit and get a pay stub every week. If your friend was being cheated out of hours then he should have been paying more attention.

UPSGUY72

ORLY!?!:934360 said:

Had a friend who went direct and found out a year later they were cheating him out on hours, minutes, VAC and opininal days. Get a pay check thats worth something and keep track of those hours.[/QUOTE

You can still get a paystub it just won't have a cashable check.

If your like me I don't get a paper pay stub I go online and look at my pay check every Thursday. If there is a problem I print it out and tell my Sup Friday morning. I can look at every check I ever got from UPS online anytime I want.

Apparentley your friend was to lazy to look online or never checked his no cashable weekly pay stub.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been paperless direct since they start offering it and love it. The only paystub we really need is the end of year to do our taxes. I go online Thursday mornings to check my paystub and if I do notice an error I simply print the stub, highlight the error and turn that in to my mgt team.

trickpony1

The company would dearly love everyone to be on direct deposit.
There's a little secret alot of people don't know about.
Think about this.......
Payroll is done Sunday night. There are three days between Sunday night and Thursday afternoon.
What happens during those three days?
It is believed that the company sweeps all the money "earmarked" for those direct deposit paychecks into a high yield CD and is milking the interest money produced those three days by our paychecks.
I can call my banker and she can tell me the amount of my direct deposit and that I have access to it on thursday but it won't be in my account until friday.
When the time is right, a button is pushed by the wizard behind the curtain in the Ivory Tower and the paychecks are distributed. When that is done, the wizard counts the interest money he earned off our slush fund.

There's that "honesty" thing again..........

Think about this.......
Payroll is done Sunday night. There are three days between Sunday night and Thursday afternoon.
It is believed that the company sweeps all the money "earmarked" for those direct deposit paychecks into a high yield CD and is milking the interest money produced those three days by our paychecks.
I can call my banker and she can tell me the amount of my direct deposit and that I have access to it on thursday but it won't be in my account until friday.
When the time is right, a button is pushed by the wizard behind the curtain in the Ivory Tower and the paychecks are distributed. When that is done, the wizard counts the interest money he earned off our slush fund.

Yes, but if that's true, do you think UPS is the only company that does that? Most large companies that I've worked for have done that, or something similar. I'd be disappointed in them if they weren't.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I first started I was told that UPS used two banks, one on each coast, and that east coast employees were paid from the west coast bank and vice versa. I was told they did this as they made money (interest) off of the time it took for the checks to be cut, distributed and cashed.

BS - I have direct deposit and get a pay stub every week. If your friend was being cheated out of hours then he should have been paying more attention.

Completely agree with Dilli--you can get direct deposit with a pay stub each week if you'd like, or else direct deposit without the stub--either case the stub is also available to view online, current and past stubs.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Sure, get your paystub. But most people who do go direct completely dont care for it and and never get it. You'll be amazed how many people never get the stub. Thus, its open to all sorts of possibilities.

I understand the need for drivers to have direct, you guys are so busy during the day, checking it would prove difficult.

UPSGUY72

Sure, get your paystub. But most people who do go direct completely dont care for it and and never get it. You'll be amazed how many people never get the stub. Thus, its open to all sorts of possibilities.

I understand the need for drivers to have direct, you guys are so busy during the day, checking it would prove difficult.

The thing is that it would have taken your friend a year to figure out he was getting shorted even if he had gotten a paper pay check. Apparently he is independently wealth so much that he doesn't need to check his bank statement and or balance his check book.

Him getting shorted for a year is his fault and has nothing to do with getting a paper check or not.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

It's not difficult, one just has to be dedicated to doing it. They post WOR's everyday and the prior week, every Monday. Write down the hrs that you work every week and check it against your pay stub when you get it. Not hard.

Southwestern

Or UPS could do what nearly every other company in the country has done and force us to accept direct deposit with paperless stubs. You can probably count the number of Fortune 500 companies offering paper paychecks on one hand. Honestly, of all the things the union gripes about during negotiations, this one's silly. Several years ago, when I was still a Preloader, the company posted fliers notifying us their intent to switch those with direct deposit to paperless stubs - but the employee could update their preferred to paper (via UPSers or management) if they still desired a stub. Come switch time, there was an outcry. A week later, everybody got their paper stub... and immediately tossed it into the trash upon opening it. Resources wasted (trees, paper, ink, etc.), landfills filled, because people are too lazy to check the website. But hey, they can spend hours playing with Facebook on their phone :-/.

Think about this.......

Payroll's not finalized Sunday night. We have until Tuesday AM to notify management to make payroll corrections. Checks arrive in the building with Thursday air, meaning they're printed sometime Tuesday-Wednesday.

Nonetheless, you do realize that the majority of workers in this country are paid bi-weekly? Generally, only unskilled, low-paying jobs (hello, part-timers!) provide weekly paychecks.