Missed my second day of work in the warehouse. Will I be fired?

JohnQSmith

I have no excuse. I simply didn't feel like going in and was thinking about quitting after the first day. I've since realized I made a dumb mistake and want to go back. I don't even know who my supervisor is. Did I blow it? Any advice?

Indecisi0n

I have no excuse. I simply didn't feel like going in and was thinking about quitting after the first day. I've since realized I made a dumb mistake and want to go back. I don't even know who my supervisor is. Did I blow it? Any advice?
You sound miserable....you might want to look at going into management.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
edibles.jpg

AwashBwashCwash

Yeah there's like a 99% chance you are done.
If you are really desperate and have no shame you could try going in tomorrow but they will most likely just tell you that you don't work there anymore.

One thing I've learned as I've gotten older is to not let my feelings dictate my actions so much. A lot of the times you have to do things you don't feel like doing.
Your feelings are just transient impulses that quickly fade away, they should rarely if ever be your guide for anything.
If you want to make smart decisions you need to adapt to long-term thinking.

JohnQSmith

I don't have any delusions about going places. I took the job because I wanted a physically active job.

It's a Supply Chain Solutions warehouse. Not package handling.

It's an entry level, $14.50/hr job. That's pretty easy pay to come by. It's really not that special. I didn't realize I would be told I would have to work several additional hours every day when they hired me. Those few extra hours :censored2: up my day and interfere with my other job.

Also, the employees are insufferable and snide.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I don't have any delusions about going places. I took the job because I wanted a physically active job.

It's an entry level, $14.50/hr job. That's pretty easy pay to come by. It's really not that special. I didn't realize I would be told I would have to work several additional hours every day when they hired me. Those few extra hours :censored2: up my day and interfere with my other job.

Sounds to me like you got some real cajones kid..

Tell em you want a spot on the board, or you're walking for good.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

That's not even real UPS. Supply chain is like dog :censored2: on your shoe that no matter how hard, or much you scrape it , it will stay there and track through the house

AwashBwashCwash

Sounds like massive COPE from a massive brainlet to me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn’t miss a day for the first 17 years and then clowns like this come along. SMH- the younger generation will be the downfall of the USA. Don’t blame the Boomers.

542thruNthru

Jesus H, it’s not a warehouse!

Damn he told you @Yeet