missed the april bid sheets .

started 2 months ago as a preloader. want to be a driver since day 1. HR said come back in april. that's when the new bid sheets are posted . i went in to HR today to talk about the bidding process . she looked quizzically and said the sheets for april were taken down. wtf?!...i can't think of 3more months of this $. any help would be great

542thruNthru

I doubt you'll become a driver with less than 6 months seniority but I've been wrong before.

Where are you? Bids usually go up when they need drivers not just on certain times of years.

Thebrownblob

started 2 months ago as a preloader. want to be a driver since day 1. HR said come back in april. that's when the new bid sheets are posted . i went in to HR today to talk about the bidding process . she looked quizzically and said the sheets for april were taken down. wtf?!...i can't think of 3more months of this $. any help would be great
Usually there’s an intent list that you would put your name on and as jobs become available they call you.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Either wait or leave honestly. Bids posted as needed.
Took me not even 2 months to get accepted back in 2018. Just gotta test your luck.

Thebrownblob

He ain’t getting into feeders in that building till he has at least 25 years of seniority
Small feeder department? We have over 600 here and still expanding so guys with just a little over a year have made it in. All be it at the bottom of the list and probably work nights for the next 30 years.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
58 :speechless:

1) Company is usually trying to push people that age into feeders, inside, or retirement.
2) With no seniority, you'd be doing the worst routes with industrial (OVER 70's).
3) You might not get the hours being at the bottom and you won't hit top rate for another 4 years
4) For medical reasons, I would highly doubt they'd even qualify your 30 days because of the higher risk of injury you are.

I applaud you for wanting to go through with this.
My 2 cents of advice would be to go deliver Amazon (more hours, less strenuous, working hard would lead to better quality routes and jobs)