Missing Diad messages??

Oceanview

Saturday 03/02/2018 I was told that I had a 945pm cut off time.. I started at 8:45am. I brought back 42 pacakages (20 stops) and sheeted them as missed. I’m being told now that I was never given a cut off time. I was told at first my cut off time was 9:30pm and then 15 mins later I was told 9:45pm. We are being told the messages are not there.. hmmmmm

And I didn’t take pictures of the Diad message saying my cut off was 945..

How often does this happen?

Blackadder 2

Saturday 03/02/2018 I was told that I had a 945pm cut off time.. I started at 8:45am. I brought back 42 pacakages (20 stops) and sheeted them as missed. I’m being told now that I was never given a cut off time. I was told at first my cut off time was 9:30pm and then 15 mins later I was told 9:45pm. We are being told the messages are not there.. hmmmmm

And I didn’t take pictures of the Diad message saying my cut off was 945..

How often does this happen?

Always take a picture. Otherwise its your word against theirs, and we know THEY never lie.

35years

Gravy route
Check with your steward about the texts.
Because of past lies by management all of ours are supposedly available to our B.A.

Was anyone else out late on Saturday?
Perhaps they received the same text...9:30 or 9:45.

Also, did they follow progressive discipline?
Did you receive a warning letter in the past 9 months prior to the suspension?

Did you directly question the person in the office who would have sent the text? When dishonesty is present management individuals will often have different stories.
I would fight it.

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol. Suspensions as punishment. Do they forget what company this is? I've always thought of them as a vacation.

How does one bring stops back on Saturday and nobody says anything until Thursday? If it were me, it would have been understood within 5 minutes of my return to building. Before I punched out.

35years

Gravy route
Wait,
I just realized the OP was fired back in October for falsifying records.

You better make sure you a taking pics and documenting everything...No excuses.
Keep a daily log as well.

Good luck. My guess is they would have fired him again if there was actually no message sent to be off by 9:45.

Always confirm they want you to bring the rest in as missed via another text.

And take pics!

Oceanview

Wait,
I just realized the OP was fired back in October for falsifying records.

You better make sure you a taking pics and documenting everything...No excuses.
Keep a daily log as well.

Good luck. My guess is they would have fired him again if there was actually no message sent to be off by 9:45.

Always confirm they want you to bring the rest in as missed via another text.

And take pics!

I sent 2 messages for verification but I didn’t get a reply so instead of waiting for a reply that never came I went back to the hub and sheeted them as missed due to the fact that if i had stayed out waiting for conformation they would say I was to work as directed.. btw I was the last driver punched out. They driver who punched out b4 me was done at 6:33

35years

Gravy route
How does one bring stops back on Saturday and nobody says anything until Thursday? If it were me, it would have been understood within 5 minutes of my return to building. Before I punched out.

Lots of times they will sit on the discipline/ official investigation until they have all the info from everyone else. If what he said is true, they would have to make sure all management was on board with the no text lie. And also make sure no records were kept of the texts. Does not surprise me they waited.

Oceanview

Check with your steward about the texts.
Because of past lies by management all of ours are supposedly available to our B.A.

Was anyone else out late on Saturday?
Perhaps they received the same text...9:30 or 9:45.

Also, did they follow progressive discipline?
Did you receive a warning letter in the past 9 months prior to the suspension?

Did you directly question the person in the office who would have sent the text? When dishonesty is present management individuals will often have different stories.
I would fight it.

I was the last driver in the building. The driver who punched out b4 me was punched out at 6:33 pm and most of the hub around 4pm.

No they did not follow progressive discipline. Never a verbal or written! I’ve never brought packages back before not even during peak season.

Yes I directly questioned the dispatcher but he had never replied to 2 of my messages asking him if that was correct.

My B.A thinks this is entrapment and that we will have a field day if the messages are there but he doesn’t think they are there anymore. Kinda seemed like he was upset at me for not taking pictures of my Diad messages..