Missing minutes on time card

At our hub, they dock 1 hour from drivers’ pay each day, for lunch, whether or not they actually had time to take the 1hr unpaid lunch break, or not! So, lots of these drivers “take their lunch” at night after they return to the hub and hang around chatting for an hour. Then they clock out. That way, they don’t have 5 hours missing from their check each week. I had to think about that for a moment too.

trickpony1

Missing about 13 minutes ..... worth fighting for or not worth it?
If those are overtime minutes they may be put on your next check as straight time.
I've seen this happen.

It's sad that a company that so espouses "honesty and integrity" has management people who will knowingly alter time cards to meet this weeks margins.

I would mention it to your immediate supe but make sure you have a witness. Also write down the date, time, witness and what was said for future reference.

PS- Be sure to closely scrutinize your paycheck for any "human errors" from this point forward.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
At our hub, they dock 1 hour from drivers’ pay each day, for lunch, whether or not they actually had time to take the 1hr unpaid lunch break, or not! So, lots of these drivers “take their lunch” at night after they return to the hub and hang around chatting for an hour. Then they clock out. That way, they don’t have 5 hours missing from their check each week. I had to think about that for a moment too.
Those drivers should be taking it in the middle of the day
Who the hell would want to stand around for an hour after work
Especially with no beer available

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
If those are overtime minutes they may be put on your next check as straight time.
I've seen this happen.

It's sad that a company that so espouses "honesty and integrity" has management people who will knowingly alter time cards to meet this weeks margins.

I would mention it to your immediate supe but make sure you have a witness. Also write down the date, time, witness and what was said for future reference.

PS- Be sure to closely scrutinize your paycheck for any "human errors" from this point forward.
Yep, you have to stay on top of your time and treat yourself like an independent contractor paid by UPS

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Southern region?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

“Had time”

Lmao sounds like a bunch of weak drivers

oldngray

nowhere special
I never argued with piddly crap like that. I would just sit myself down for an extra 13 break. It used to be so simple.
I would split it into a couple of minutes here and there. If you sit for more than 10 minutes it gets flagged.

Package Stick

"Send it."
Missing about 13 minutes ..... worth fighting for or not worth it?
Now imagine 6.5 hours in one week as a part-timer.

I looked at my time card on Monday and told them that day I'm missing 6.5 hours. Oh no, it'll be on your check Friday don't worry, 6.5 hours was missing from my check Friday.

Settled for 7 hours on next week's check without a grievance (told FT sup Monday), no fuss. They all know I'll file if they :censored2: with my pay.

Keep track of your hours down to the minute.

I screwed off the month after that, was left alone, and am still left alone.

Mcnak

They pull that stuff all the time at the warehouse i work at. Even the supervisors tell us to check our hours everyday. Its simple enough to remedy tho by just telling them. Id say its worth it. Dont work for free! :)