MLK

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Any other centers badgering drivers about closed businesses on Monday? We've had a talk at every pcm, sheets in our slots every day, diad messages, and i even got a voice mail from my on car on my personal cell. I guess they must really wanna cut routes or something that day. Anyone else?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has less to do with cutting routes and more to do with NDPPH (Net Delivered Pieces Per Hour). It is much easier for all involved if the closed stops are kept off of the cars.

Is it really that hard to write up and submit a holiday closed list?

oldngray

nowhere special
Almost no place will be closed. Mostly just government employees. UPS drivers messing with the known closed is unnecessary hassle for most routes. It should be assumed every place is open unless the driver says a place is closed. And there are government offices that are always closed on MLK day so those could be automatically marked as known closed.

Packmule

All we had here is a sheet in our slots to carry around for a week. Made a few notes including one that my one school will be open. No students, but all faculty.

moreluck

golden ticket member
MLK.....Oops, I thought this was Multi Lingual Keltic poetry.......

for the anal...

[kel-tik, sel-] /ˈkɛl tɪk, ˈsɛl-/
Spell Syllables
noun
a branch of the Indo-European family of languages, including especially Irish, Scots Gaelic, Welsh, and Breton, which survive now in Ireland, the Scottish Highlands, Wales, and Brittany.
Abbreviation: Celt.
adjective
of the Celts or their languages.
Expand
Also, Keltic.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of my schools, including the local college, are closed. City, county and federal offices are closed. Banks are closed. There will be no mail delivery but I don't know if they will accepting Surepost.

I have the day off but I know that pulling the stops from the car will make it easier for the cover driver.

9.5er

In the past I've turned in a list of known closed businesses. Get to work on the holiday and there sit the packages for each and every business on the list. Loaded on my package car like it was just another normal day.
Another problem for me as a cover driver, I run one route and do the leg work to see who will be working and then get shoved to a different route on the holiday. During PCM we are asked to pull all known closed packages off. Well I don't know since I haven't been on this route in a month.

Indecisi0n

I use to input closed businesses into the DIAD and also fill out their sheets but always found that on that holiday every business I listed was still loaded on the truck. I stopped putting them in the DIAD and the paper in my slot goes right into the trash can.

Packmule

I Can see pulling off closed bulk stops that are guaranteed to be closed, but the other few aren't worth worrying about.
Then something comes up and they're there after all!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is it really that hard for management to not load stops when we do? Apparently, yes.

I'm not going to go the extra mile when I can't get managment to walk one step.
I thought the motivation was the drivers bitching about recording all the stops and packages as closed.

Do you support management loading packages/stops?