Mngt Coming in From Retirement for Peak Job??? (on topic)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm hearing of previous management being "hired" for peak jobs such as coordinators and new driver trainers.
Would you be interested in going back after missing the holidays with your family and friends for the previous 20, 30 or 40 years?

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I have talked to a few that have come back, they are working 40 hours not 60-80 and they do not have to deal with all the day to day bs. They are totally enjoying it and making some golf/vacation money for the new year!

Imagine your day at UPS working like a real employee..no drama. Yes I would do it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Money talks. We had two retired supervisors,come back out of retirement.
images-17.jpeg

We have three manager/driver sups come back. Bumped into one a month or so ago and asked him if we was coming back and he didn't think so. Something sure changed his mind. $$$?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have three manager/driver sups come back. Bumped into one a month or so ago and asked him if we was coming back and he didn't think so. Something sure changed his mind. $$$?
We have a couple of drivers coming back for peak...I guess it's not so bad when you can just say friend this and walk out in a week...lol

beentheredonethat

If the pay was good and knowing that hours were limited, I could see doing it. However, if UPS is thinking they could get me for 20/hr and then get paid for 40 while working 60 or more won't happen. However, at best case, I have 7 more peaks minimum to deal with before it is an option.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Have not heard of any mgmt. But several drivers who retired in the last few months are coming back. 30 an hour, 8 hours a day. Might be ok, with those hours.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As long as I didn't have to go on road I might do it. Maybe just wander around the yard writing down trailer numbers, stuff like that.

Z

ZQXC

Have not heard of any mgmt. But several drivers who retired in the last few months are coming back. 30 an hour, 8 hours a day. Might be ok, with those hours.

8 hours a day at a relaxed pace, and don't even think about sending me any messages