MOAB

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We just dropped a 21,000 pound non nuclear bomb on ISIS called MOAB
Mother Ofriend All Bombs, lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
So the city in Utah, Moab probably stands for Mother of all burgs!!

On the topic.....the area bombed was described as like where Bin Laden hid in caves.....just rough territory where these devils hide. They said the Air Force have never used this bomb before.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So the city in Utah, Moab probably stands for Mother of all burgs!!

On the topic.....the area bombed was described as like where Bin Laden hid in caves.....just rough territory where these devils hide. They said the Air Force have never used this bomb before.
this isn't the jv presidental team, countries r on notice

wkmac

ISIS originally stood for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and then the term became ISIL or Islamic State in the Levant. The Levant has historically and in modern terms not included the area that is Afghanistan so seems to me the US Military is doing a very poor job of keeping this country free from the spread of such opposition. Or just maybe the opposition is a whole other manifestation and the propaganda arm of the US Empire State is just calling it ISIS and hoping we won't begin to see what might be taking place.

There is a reason Afghanistan has always been called the "Graveyard of Empires" and I see no reason whatsoever to view that this well earned label no longer applies.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
U.S. uses 'mother of all bombs' for first time in Afghanistan - Reuters

The United States dropped a massive GBU-43 (MOAB) bomb, the largest non-nuclear bomb it has ever used in combat, in eastern Afghanistan on Thursday against a series of caves used by Islamic State militants, the military said.

It was the first time the United States has used this size of bomb in a conflict. It was dropped from a MC-130 aircraft in the Achin district of Nangarhar province, close to the border with Pakistan, Pentagon spokesman Adam Stump said.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yet MOAB is not the only big bomb made & used .
During WWII , the British had The Grand Slam Bomb.
Grand Slam (bomb) - Wikipedia

After release from the Avro Lancaster B.Mk 1 (Special) bomber,[2] the Grand Slam would reach near-supersonic speed, approaching 1,049 ft/s (320 m/s), 715 mph (1150 km/h). When it hit, it would penetrate deep underground before detonating. The resulting explosion could cause the formation of a camouflet[9] (cavern) and shift the ground to undermine a target's foundation.

Specifications

Weight 22,000 lb (10,000 kg)
Length 26 ft 6 in (8.08 m)
length Tail 13 ft 6 in (4.11 m)
Diameter 3 ft 10 in (1.17 m)
Filling Torpex D1
Filling weight 4,144 kg (9,136 lb)

Detonation
mechanism
penetration: 40 m (130 ft) (earth)[3] 2–6 m (20 ft) (concrete)[3][4]
Blast yield 6.5 tons TNT equivalent [a]

wkmac

The kill of a US Soldier with the expenditure of $16 million for one Moab bomb, if so-called ISIS can keep this trend alive, they will easily win the war on economic grounds by defeating the US into the poor house.

Thus once again why Afghanistan has earned the well deserved name of Graveyard of Empires.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Those bombs were built years ago , so it would not have a negative impact on our economy .

But I have to agree totally that Graveyard of Empires is correct .

wkmac

Those bombs were built years ago , so it would not have a negative impact on our economy .

But I have to agree totally that Graveyard of Empires is correct .

Your argument holds true also long as the inventory isn't replenished. And we've not even brought up the idea in economics of misallocation of resources or another factor in opportunity costs or in this case, lost opportunity.

Non sequitur

Although I agree that these operations are unfortunately necessary, the enemies of freedom will not change until their ideology supports truth and not merely carnal advantages. This also includes western motivations. Litmus tests are difficult to trusting people but may be necessary.

wkmac

Although I agree that these operations are unfortunately necessary, the enemies of freedom will not change until their ideology supports truth and not merely carnal advantages. This also includes western motivations. Litmus tests are difficult to trusting people but may be necessary.

And who would be the ultimate determiner of such truth?

Careful, that can be a very slippery slope.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ISIS originally stood for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and then the term became ISIL or Islamic State in the Levant. The Levant has historically and in modern terms not included the area that is Afghanistan so seems to me the US Military is doing a very poor job of keeping this country free from the spread of such opposition. Or just maybe the opposition is a whole other manifestation and the propaganda arm of the US Empire State is just calling it ISIS and hoping we won't begin to see what might be taking place.

There is a reason Afghanistan has always been called the "Graveyard of Empires" and I see no reason whatsoever to view that this well earned label no longer applies.
"The Levant" is a French term for the area comprising Syria, Lebanon and Iraq which was part of the French Mandate after WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman Empire. It does not include Afghanistan, which is over 1000 miles to the east.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"The Levant" is a French term for the area comprising Syria, Lebanon and Iraq which was part of the French Mandate after WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman Empire. It does not include Afghanistan, which is over 1000 miles to the east.
Therefore, why everyone uses ISIS not ISIL.