Monday late freight

AB831

I know all about Fat Freddie’s Famous Late Freight, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen it rear its head on a Monday. We had a 40+ minute delay during the sort while waiting on a truck. The only acceptable reason I could see for this would be if the truck broke down or the plane crashed on its way from Memphis, neither of which happened. But fear not! We were told to code up any lates we would have, so we still look good on paper to ourselves!!

Indecisi0n

I know all about Fat Freddie’s Famous Late Freight, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen it rear its head on a Monday. We had a 40+ minute delay during the sort while waiting on a truck. The only acceptable reason I could see for this would be if the truck broke down or the plane crashed on its way from Memphis, neither of which happened. But fear not! We were told to code up any lates we would have, so we still look good on paper to ourselves!!
Killer hornets....

bacha29

Cranial Rectalitis . Fortunately X has always been able to contain the disease to within it's management ranks.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Code them how?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I remember once we had 3 late freight Mondays in a row during a non-peak time of year. One clueless Memphis engineer decided the plane that serviced our district was too large so they switched to a smaller aircraft then it was too small for all the freight to fit. Dumbasses.

AB831

I remember once we had 3 late freight Mondays in a row during a non-peak time of year. One clueless Memphis engineer decided the plane that serviced our district was too large so they switched to a smaller aircraft then it was too small for all the freight to fit. Dumbasses.
I’m not sure which is more unbelievable- the fact that it took them a month to figure out the problem or the high likelihood that the engineer wasn’t held accountable in any way.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’m not sure which is more unbelievable- the fact that it took them a month to figure out the problem or the high likelihood that the engineer wasn’t held accountable in any way.
My bet is on the latter. Anyway there is an unhealthy worship from management for these engineers who have no idea how things work in the real world. Have you ever known just one engineer who’s rode with a courier for even an hour? Their job consists of hiding behind a computer all day.

Maui

You know the policy: falsification is permitted when it benefits FedEx but is termination-worthy when it benefits you.
This is super shady. DEX17 is a hot button exception. Whoever directed this should at least get a Warning Letter if not fired.
I’d contact HR and/or Alert Line

zeev

To save money they canceled flights,put the freight on independent contractors and hope it gets there somewhat on time, if the trucker gets delayed or runs out of hours,come up wth a code. We us to have a guy who would always run out of hours at a Waffle House.

AB831

My bet is on the latter. Anyway there is an unhealthy worship from management for these engineers who have no idea how things work in the real world. Have you ever known just one engineer who’s rode with a courier for even an hour? Their job consists of hiding behind a computer all day.
One time, I held up my DRA map and asked my manager from which clown college the engineer graduated if he actually stands by this. He's normally a very chill guy, but for some reason he got really defensive about that question.

AB831

This is super shady. DEX17 is a hot button exception. Whoever directed this should at least get a Warning Letter if not fired.
I’d contact HR and/or Alert Line
I don't really like making waves at first. I'll be a good foot soldier and bend your rules for you, but you better bet I'm going to throw you under the bus if I'm ever questioned about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't really like making waves at first. I'll be a good foot soldier and bend your rules for you, but you better bet I'm going to throw you under the bus if I'm ever questioned about it.
You will find that there are very managers who will have your back and the few who do will do their best, but if it comes down to you losing your job or them, you’ll be SOL. They have a family, mortgages and bills also. Never forget that when you’re doing favors for management. I did my best to not put either of us in that position.

bacha29

One time, I held up my DRA map and asked my manager from which clown college the engineer graduated if he actually stands by this. He's normally a very chill guy, but for some reason he got really defensive about that question.
Industrial Engineers......aka IE...Short for a degree program available for those who are "IE". Which stands for "Intellect Exempted" .
When the "engineers" lol came into set up our station routes they used basic road maps sending us from small rural town to small rural town under the dumb assumption they we would spend the entire day inside borough limits, never thinking about the RD's One zip had 480 miles of RD carrier miles that went right along with that entire zip. Which explains why i ended up with 34 zips stretched across 4 counties and included 3600 miles of RD carrier miles.

What an enormous miscalculation!