Monday off, UPS forgot.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
So I am off today Monday as scheduled, for a doctors appointment at 9am.

Sitting in Doctor office at 842 and my phone rings, ignore it, rings again, shut off phone.

Continue with Doctors appointment leave at just before 10.

Turn phone back on, 11 missed calls, 4 voice mails.

Where are, your route is sitting here call ASAP.

I Drive home eat breakfast and have so OJ.

Call building at 1120, ask them why they are calling me on my scheduled day off.

Asked to come in because at 1120 my route is still in the building.

Thinking it is time to sell my UPS stock and buy FedEx.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Gotta ask - if it was your scheduled day off why did you bother call back before the end of the day??

Proper protocol is returning call.
If you are a responsible employee you call as he did and inquired why the phone calls on scheduled day off.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Gotta ask - if it was your scheduled day off why did you bother call back before the end of the day??

I was not going to, but like a cat I got curious. Plus because I was picking up my kids I couldn't even if I wanted to.

AS we speak my OC is out there trying to make it work. Oh well he cant read a calendar not my issue.

cynic

If you are a responsible employee you call as he did and inquired why the phone calls on scheduled day off.

I agree with you that proper protocol would be to return the call. However, we're dealing with "management" that doesn't have the first clue about protocol.

I disagree that one is an irresponsible employee if you do NOT return the sup's call on a day off due to an IRRESPONSIBLE sup not keeping track of your scheduled day off.

Lack of planning on management's part does not constitute an emergency on an hourly's part.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I agree with you that proper protocol would be to return the call. However, we're dealing with "management" that doesn't have the first clue about protocol.

I disagree that one is an irresponsible employee if you do NOT return the sup's call on a day off due to an IRRESPONSIBLE sup not keeping track of your scheduled day off.

Lack of planning on management's part does not constitute an emergency on an hourly's part.
Exactly....as long as the OP called back by the end of the day, he was being a responsible employee. (I personally would've waited and called back around 4pm lol). OP is not an on call employee, call back at your convenience, not brown's.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.

Exactly....as long as the OP called back by the end of the day, he was being a responsible employee. (I personally would've waited and called back around 4pm lol). OP is not an on call employee, call back at your convenience, not brown's.

We are talking about a management that fires workers for bogus dishonesty charges, ignores work life balance, shoots first and ask questions later, lies, cheats, bears false witness, and generally treats its employees with disrespect and indignantly as a day to day working policy.

My response to calls from the building on my day off is...FU.

Last edited:

BrownChoice

When i am on vacation or anybody, it is a slightly good feeling having management call you in to drive(normally preload) without using up lower totem poll utility drivers.. Means i must be doing something right...

OPTION3

Sitting in Doctor office at 842 and my phone rings, ignore it, rings again, shut off phone.

Call building at 1120, ask them why they are calling me on my scheduled day off.

they tried that on me once.......They tried to "force" me to come in....told them I would have my wife drop me off, butt I've already had 3 beers, you will have to have someone else drive, click dial-tone....how RUDE!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The Monday morning of my very first vacation week at Parcel, my center manager called me and said that he had made a mistake and let one too many drivers off that week. He asked if I would come in and work.

​Ha,ha,ha!!!!

UPSGUY72

When i am on vacation or anybody, it is a slightly good feeling having management call you in to drive(normally preload) without using up lower totem poll utility drivers.. Means i must be doing something right...

That why when I go on vacation I leave the state.

Indecisi0n

If it's my day off and that happened (it has a lot) I do not return the phone call. Their incompetence shouldn't be your burdon on your day off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

My answer is always. "Sorry I just finished my 2nd beer. "

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The Monday morning of my very first vacation week at Parcel, my center manager called me and said that he had made a mistake and let one too many drivers off that week. He asked if I would come in and work.

​Ha,ha,ha!!!!

we had a center manager call a driver many times on the Monday of his vacation. He then texts the driver. Where are you? We need you here ASAP. Driver replied. I'm in Europe on vacation and you owe me 40 cents for that text.

FilingBluesFL

I always laugh when I'm last to leave, and there's still a package car sitting there full of stuff.

It's happened a couple times, I'd ask "Hey, why isn't this car gone yet?" "So and so no called no showed." "Oh really? Because he walked out with two checks last week..."

"DAMMIT! SONNOVA BITCH! VACATION!!! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!"

I always walk away smiling. Happened at least 3 times this year that I know of!

Buck Fifty

Since they forgot you, I wouldnt have called back at all. Next morning I would have told them, I got your messages and was gonna call back but I forgot ! Yep I would !!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Even FT supervisors in the hub know how to use a ****ing calendar to check who is off on a particular day. Did they stop teaching this in on-car school?