Monday Woes

DOK

Bid Driver is out for the day. Guess who is covering his route blind and got an extra split added on last minute? This guy.

Guess who is currently clocked out for my full hour lunch after completing 15 stops? This guy.

Thanks ahead of time for the help I’ll be getting later, management!

Keep it under 9.5, no exceptions

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You helping the company against other employees to get that deal??? I was hated as a steward and BA by the company.
They hate me too. I didnt ask for less stops. You can check my post history. They HATED me. I worked 14's all last year while everyone around me was punching out at 6pm. They were trying to get me to quit. Constantly giving me splits in other cities with business and savers. I would have to leave my first area before I was finished to make it to 2nd area to get everything off. Then drive back to first area and finish at 11pm. I became a steward. I won the election overwhelmingly. Now they want to be nice all of the sudden.

john chesney

They hate me too. I didnt ask for less stops. You can check my post history. They HATED me. I worked 14's all last year while everyone around me was punching out at 6pm. They were trying to get me to quit. Constantly giving me splits in other cities with business and savers. I would have to leave my first area before I was finished to make it to 2nd area to get everything off. Then drive back to first area and finish at 11pm. I became a steward. I won the election overwhelmingly. Now they want to be nice all of the sudden.
Glad to here it bro. I’ve seen some people become stewards just to benefit themselves. I’m glad you’re not one of them.

barnyard

KTM rider
Last year about this time, I was getting bent over every single Monday. So, I started using all my 8 hour requests on Mondays. If I went over 8 hours, I grieved (not really a grievance, the union does not allow 8 hour grievances) it so that it did not count against my 8 hr request per month total.

This year, things have been a little better.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
Last year about this time, I was getting bent over every single Monday. So, I started using all my 8 hour requests on Mondays. If I went over 8 hours, I grieved it so that it did not count against my 8 hr request per month total.

This year, things have been a little better.
Is that supplemental language where if you go over 8 hours then it doesn't count toward your 2 for the month?

542thruNthru

Oh that's a easy one.
@UpstateNYUPSer

But no worries, he's retired now.

Would it be Dave?

It's been said.
Pay attention!
tenor-22.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
Is that supplemental language where if you go over 8 hours then it doesn't count toward your 2 for the month?

No. My shop steward did not want to write the grievances, so we did not, I made a hella stink and pointed out that if I was under-allowed AND was over 8 hours, they did not grant my request. I was so PO'd after the 2nd Monday that went over 8 that I had a blow up. Boss pulled me into the office and fixed it. That month, I had 4, 8 hour requests. The next 2, I left stops for someone else to finish.

The only reason that my 8 hour requests were not made is that someone in IE wanted a route in my loop cut out on Mondays. It would be cut out and the other 4 in the loop would all have 10.5+ hour days. I requested 8 hours on Mondays until that route was put back in on Mondays.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
No. My shop steward did not want to write the grievances, so we did not, I made a hella stink and pointed out that if I was under-allowed AND was over 8 hours, they did not grant my request. I was so PO'd after the 2nd Monday that went over 8 that I had a blow up. Boss pulled me into the office and fixed it. That month, I had 4, 8 hour requests. The next 2, I left stops for someone else to finish.

The only reason that my 8 hour requests were not made is that someone in IE wanted a route in my loop cut out on Mondays. It would be cut out and the other 4 in the loop would all have 10.5+ hour days. I requested 8 hours on Mondays until that route was put back in on Mondays.
I do the same.

ManInBrown

Bid Driver is out for the day. Guess who is covering his route blind and got an extra split added on last minute? This guy.

Guess who is currently clocked out for my full hour lunch after completing 15 stops? This guy.

Thanks ahead of time for the help I’ll be getting later, management!
Need a meet point. Driver shows up. Here’s 25 stops. I’m not taking work. Gimme your pickup pieces.

WTFm8

Need a meet point. Driver shows up. Here’s 25 stops. I’m not taking work. Gimme your pickup pieces.

I’ve had that happen. Take all pickups so the air/int make it back by 19:30 then don’t send anybody to help. Come back at 10 and make a PT sup set a scanner up for missed and scan every package left while ripping PAL labels off and then checking DMR for missed scans. Punch out at 22:30 for a 15 min buffer.

UPSER1987

I’ve had that happen. Take all pickups so the air/int make it back by 19:30 then don’t send anybody to help. Come back at 10 and make a PT sup set a scanner up for missed and scan every package left while ripping PAL labels off and then checking DMR for missed scans. Punch out at 22:30 for a 15 min buffer.

Why would you set up a scanner for missed? Why didn’t you scan them missed in your diad? All that extra time/energy doesn’t make sense, plus it’s the wrong way to do it.