More 22.3's? Yeah SUUURE

KnowTice

The press release talks about creating more full time jobs.

I am a 22.3 in the Ontario Hub and we are in fact still owed 22.3 jobs that were promised from LAST contract. They haven't even filled those jobs or offered them. Now they want to dangle the idea of more full time jobs to make us think this contract is good? Hell No.

InsideUPS

I am a 22.3 in the Ontario Hub and we are in fact still owed 22.3 jobs that were promised from LAST contract. They haven't even filled those jobs or offered them. Now they want to dangle the idea of more full time jobs to make us think this contract is good? Hell No.

Same in our center KnowTice.....we lost four 22.3 jobs...... This is a joke in IMHO..... How can anyone trust what comes out of these negotiations considering the loss of 22.3 jobs since the 97 contract?

pharacyde

You know they traded enforcement of the 22.3 jobs from the last contract in exchange for light resistance when organizing freight right?

balland chain

I was hoping to get swayed to a yes vote as details came out.

Not really looking good for that outcome.
With what I have read, they are getting a no vote from me...I saw that they are contributing more to the pension, but I have yet to see if WE get an increase in our pension...and if after 30 years we get more than 3K a month.. friend Central States. !!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The press release did not mention 22.3 jobs.
With the dispatch of drivers at this time, you could add 2000 friend/T jobs as drivers very easily.

Man up and be a driver!

DOK

With the dispatch of drivers at this time, you could add 2000 friend/T jobs as drivers very easily.

Man up and be a driver!

2000 fulltime jobs for the whole country over a 5 year period is nothing to brag about. What does that work out to per center?

KnowTice

Man up and be a driver!

Questioning my manhood? Really?

My point is we are still owed a lot of full time jobs from the last contract. It's been how many years now? How dare they brag about how they are going to add more full time jobs when they still owe jobs from the last contract. It's straight up disrespectful.

Man up? You should focus more of that on the company to step up and give us what they promised years ago before trying to blind people with all this new stuff the new contract is supposed to bring us. It's total garbage. I'm telling you right now that at least in the Ontario Hub, this contract is getting a big No vote from the workers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Questioning my manhood? Really?

My point is we are still owed a lot of full time jobs from the last contract. It's been how many years now? How dare they brag about how they are going to add more full time jobs when they still owe jobs from the last contract. It's straight up disrespectful.

Man up? You should focus more of that on the company to step up and give us what they promised years ago before trying to blind people with all this new stuff the new contract is supposed to bring us. It's total garbage. I'm telling you right now that at least in the Ontario Hub, this contract is getting a big No vote from the workers.

OK ... don't man up!

stink219

Why do we instantly expect the 2000 new jobs to be 22.3s? I say make them drivers. 20 district, 2000 jobs, 100 new routes per (give or take depending on size). Don't we have enough full time scanners at just 8 hours. I'm not knocking it at all. But to reduce the OT hours, we should make some drivers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why do we instantly expect the 2000 new jobs to be 22.3s? I say make them drivers. 20 district, 2000 jobs, 100 new routes per (give or take depending on size). Don't we have enough full time scanners at just 8 hours. I'm not knocking it at all. But to reduce the OT hours, we should make some drivers.

the jobs will probably be from guys retiring now and in the next few years....they will just replace them, like they would have to do anyway and say its a new job...

They are 22.3 jobs. That's for sure

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Man up and be a driver!

you were a driver once..do you have any pics of your bad self with the rolled up short sleeves or you wearing the daisy duke shorts with the knee high socks...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

there is no way they will add this many routes...these jobs will be made once people retire..period.

KnowTice

Manning up would be to do what's right and shoot this garbage contract down. If you want to bend over, grab your ankles and listen to the lies, go ahead, I don't consider that manning up but to each his own.

Does it not bother you that the company STILL hasn't come through to give jobs that were promised? We know the routine, they are going to offer the jobs at the very end to coincide with the voting to make themselves look better so they can pass this garbage contract.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Manning up would be to do what's right and shoot this garbage contract down. If you want to bend over, grab your ankles and listen to the lies, go ahead, I don't consider that manning up but to each his own.

Does it not bother you that the company STILL hasn't come through to give jobs that were promised? We know the routine, they are going to offer the jobs at the very end to coincide with the voting to make themselves look better so they can pass this garbage contract.

Ignorance is understandable with only 3 posts.
You'll catch on ... eventually ... maybe.