More Admin jobs going away, what's next?

Anonymous 115

After this happened, last November, I just heard last week there were more admin cuts in corp and in some BD/Safety departments. Can anyone confirm? And where do you think will they cut jobs next? (please, no posts about how administration people are not important. These jobs may not involve moving packages but they add important services to the company and UPS customers)

542thruNthru

After this happened, last November, I just heard last week there were more admin cuts in corp and in some BD/Safety departments. Can anyone confirm? And where do you think will they cut jobs next?
tenor-24.gif

(please, no posts about how administration people are not important. These jobs may not involve moving packages but they add important services to the company and UPS customers).
SYJSVVv.gif

Karma...

its past time...if you are not involved in the moving of parcels you are overhead riding on the backs of teamsters and operations management......there are plenty of departments to cut and lower the cost per piece.....

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Admin people (in abundance) are not important.

After this happened, last November, I just heard last week there were more admin cuts in corp and in some BD/Safety departments. Can anyone confirm? And where do you think will they cut jobs next? (please, no posts about how administration people are not important. These jobs may not involve moving packages but they add important services to the company and UPS customers)

beatupbrown

I would guess this is related to tech roll out that needed lots of talent in the field .Once the roll out has been done those folks are no longer needed ?

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
its past time...if you are not involved in the moving of parcels you are overhead riding on the backs of teamsters and operations management......there are plenty of departments to cut and lower the cost per piece.....
That pension needs to go. RPP up 1000%. Boom.

where do you think will they cut jobs next?
In BD no cuts are needed: people are leaving in droves for other companies. Just waiting on my 401k retirement contributions (fully vested of course) and using up all my vacation before I start the process too

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Just trimming the useless fat. No different than cutting routes. If you are not needed, too bad. We are not in the management employment business.

Anonymous 115

Again, if these jobs are not needed why are they being moved to other countries--no one seems to answer that. This work still obviously needs to be done (and is not being done well or timely in these other countries). And these are ADMINS, not management employees with fat bonuses, these are the ones who deal with the workload of two or more people.
Just trimming the useless fat. No different than cutting routes. If you are not needed, too bad. We are not in the management employment business.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had to call Amazon for something a few weeks ago and the customer service person definitely had an Accent…and while I was talking I kept hearing a dog in the background yapping…at the end of the call I asked her where she was at and if that was actually a dog. She was in Panama and she was working from home and that was her dog….crazy times

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I had to call Amazon for something a few weeks ago and the customer service person definitely had an Accent…and while I was talking I kept hearing a dog in the background yapping…at the end of the call I asked her where she was at and if that was actually a dog. She was in Panama and she was working from home and that was her dog….crazy times

At least her “Pet” wasn’t on the menu...