More bad press from...of course GROUND

Working4the1%

Dozens of packages sitting outside FedEx facility in Hampton means customers are waiting... and waiting
FedEx Ground is experiencing a surge of package volume due to e-commerce growth during the current pandemic, while navigating associated business closures and other constraints that have impacted operations in the Hampton, Virginia, area. We offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by recent service delays and appreciate our customers’ patience as we work with our service providers to implement contingency plans designed to restore service levels. We encourage customers who have concerns about their shipments to visit fedex.com for information or call FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx.

We are committed to protecting our customers’ shipments. Any packages staged in outside areas will be sheltered from the elements as necessary. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You get what you pay for......

AB831

We are committed to protecting our customers’ shipments. Any packages staged in outside areas will be sheltered from the elements as necessary. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You get what you pay for......
That’s exactly what customers want when they order something online: assurance that the package that isn’t being delivered will be covered by a tarp. Seriously, who is in charge of PR for this company and what clown college did they attend?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
From the pictures they look like routes built and staged on pallets because they ran out of room inside. Extra trucks come in and load up in the yard.
I saw the video on that. Supposedly the freight has been sitting there for days and the person who took the video can’t get his package because they have no idea where it is.

It will be fine

I saw the video on that. Supposedly the freight has been sitting there for days and the person who took the video can’t get his package because they have no idea where it is.
It looks like the building I helped during peak. They did the same thing. The building was too full to fit any more trucks. I’d pull in and they’d tell me where in the yard to find my route. I’d find the 3 skids and be on my way. If a package is lost when a building is like that it’s nearly impossible to find. The system just breaks down. Some stuff had been there for weeks by the time I got it out.

AB831

It looks like the building I helped during peak. They did the same thing. The building was too full to fit any more trucks. I’d pull in and they’d tell me where in the yard to find my route. I’d find the 3 skids and be on my way. If a package is lost when a building is like that it’s nearly impossible to find. The system just breaks down. Some stuff had been there for weeks by the time I got it out.
Are you ever tempted to say "the hell with this" and walk out?

AB831

What part of that story would lead you to that? I was paid an obscene amount of money to help that building during peak. It was entirely my option.
Oh, well maybe in your story you should have included the part about how much money you made from it since I'm not able to read your mind.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
From the pictures they look like routes built and staged on pallets because they ran out of room inside. Extra trucks come in and load up in the yard.

A buddy sent me a pic of something he saw at the Ground terminal in his town. Don't know if they have them everywhere. It looks like a modified single wide trailer with a few dock doors and the wall on the end of the trailer is missing. They back that missing part up to a dock on the building and it's like they added a few more dock doors. My description probably isn't good, but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
A buddy sent me a pic of something he saw at the Ground terminal in his town. Don't know if they have them everywhere. It looks like a modified single wide trailer with a few dock doors and the wall on the end of the trailer is missing. They back that missing part up to a dock on the building and it's like they added a few more dock doors. My description probably isn't good, but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.
We use those at ups all year.