More DIAD6 and/or ORION threads?

Should we? We obviously need more!

• You betcha! The more the better!

• No! All other threads inevitably mention both anyway so why bother?

• Meh……..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grindstone

Totally agree. I need all the help I can get. After a few years in the building and now back on road I’m struggling big. Can’t figure out why it keeps crashing. Literally eight times today. I love the new scanner (literally scans everything) but can’t figure out how it jumps all over the place when it rains. You’d think after 33 years I’d have it figured out.
If you're using the cradle in the truck, try to use infonotices folded in half and stuck at the bottom of the cradle to keep the diad from connecting to the cradle. I've been using the 6 since November, average 3 or 4 restarts a day. Our whole hub made the switch this past Monday and finally switched out cradles. First day with it, it crashed twice before 10 am. Haven't used it since, back to average.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'd enjoy it more if my "day off" did not come with a massive stress unwinding headache. But it's always nice visiting the library's public printer and fax machine. Get to talk to retired drivers here and there that visit on the offchance.

Didn’t know that’s where old ups men hung out
The more ya know

Brownwind

If you're using the cradle in the truck, try to use infonotices folded in half and stuck at the bottom of the cradle to keep the diad from connecting to the cradle. I've been using the 6 since November, average 3 or 4 restarts a day. Our whole hub made the switch this past Monday and finally switched out cradles. First day with it, it crashed twice before 10 am. Haven't used it since, back to average.
Appreciate the help. I’ll give it a try and let you know. Thank you for the quick response.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The crashes make no sense. One day you think you've figured it out the next day the trigger to crash is completely different.

I'm warming up to the new map view especially because it carrots your manifest to whatever you select as opposed to dealing with Orion or a bad dispatch. But it crashes endlessly. 10+ times a day. And you have to perform odd voodoo tricks to keep the map view alive and functioning.

I just keep delivering until it relaunches. Sit down. Take a few sips of coffee and hope none of the houses I just did were code 4s lol.

And don't get me started with the 3 times it's crashed after collecting a signature and then going back explaining to the dude that UPS released new devices that crash constantly and I need your signature again.

Last edited:

Heavy Package

I love the new Diad 6. It is very easy to use, fits nicely in my hand, and works seamlessly. I like the way I have to input each stop as a Resi too. I really think Android will lead the market over Apple in just a year or two based on what UPS can do with it. I am trading in my Apple phone next weekend and upgrading to an Android device.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I love the new Diad 6. It is very easy to use, fits nicely in my hand, and works seamlessly. I like the way I have to input each stop as a Resi too. I really think Android will lead the market over Apple in just a year or two based on what UPS can do with it. I am trading in my Apple phone next weekend and upgrading to an Android device.
no-no-no.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ShockedDishonestCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Steamer

Android phones aren't crashing. Just the DIAD 6. Whomever wrote the software never delivered a package and it shows. They should make his ass jump for a season and then go back to the drawing board.