More Great News On Outsourcing From Headquarters

Glorifiedpackmule

Halloo. My name is Sanjeet... er, "Bob", and I will be helping you today with your issue.

Quote of the day "I couldnt understand the customer service rep today when I called for a pickup. Finally after talking to his supervisor I was told the call was takin in El Salvador." They may switch to UPS..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Quote of the day "I couldnt understand the customer service rep today when I called for a pickup. Finally after talking to his supervisor I was told the call was takin in El Salvador." They may switch to UPS..

Exactly. You get what you pay for, which, in this case, isn't much.

TUT

"part of a push to boost profits $1.7 billion a year"

This person doesn't listen well. They have publicly stated their plan is to save 1.7 billion over the next three years. That is a far cry from gaining an additional profit of 1.7 billion a year.

MAKAVELI

This person doesn't listen well. They have publicly stated their plan is to save 1.7 billion over the next three years. That is a far cry from gaining an additional profit of 1.7 billion a year.
I'll excuse his ignorance because he don't work for FedEx but those are FedEx is words not ours.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The New Delhi Bugle reports 'FedEx One of Top 10 Call Centers For Single Indian Moms To Work'

"Help you please, may I? What kind of Apple product are you expecting...a Golden Delicious, or a Granny Smith? Here in New Delhi we are much preferring the Fuji. Do not to be worrying today sir and/or madam...we will find your lost FedEx fruit."Just another indicator of just how far FedEx will go to cut costs. If shipping with us was cheap, maybe this would be a smart move, but Express rates are anything but inexpensive. I'm wondering how long it will take before they eff-up the wrong person's package and end-up losing another major account.

vantexan

Fred S said last October that profits will be $3.8 Billion by 2016, up from $2.1 Billion Fiscal Year 2012.

TUT

Fred S said last October that profits will be $3.8 Billion by 2016, up from $2.1 Billion Fiscal Year 2012.

I do stand corrected, I've heard it a few ways, but some digging it is an annual profit improvement by end of 2016. Or an additional 425 million profit per quarter, meaning they are going to double profits by 2017. That's bold. I was under the impression they wanted to save that much by then, which was still a lot. Not sure if you guys have that in ya.