More mail delays coming as postal workers worry about future of post office

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
More mail delays coming as postal workers worry about future of post office - NBC

Under the guidelines of the plan, the USPS will implement new standards for its first-class mail, lengthening delivery time for about 30 percent of its volume.

Changes to the delivery standards of the United States Postal Service are expected to cause delays in mail delivery for many Americans as early as this weekend, adding to the concerns many postal workers have about the future of the post office, and raising more questions about the motives of embattled Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

The planned slowdown is part of DeJoy’s 10-year plan for the post office that he unveiled earlier this year.

Under the guidelines of the plan, the USPS will implement new standards for its first-class mail, lengthening delivery time for about 30 percent of its volume. That means letters, packages and magazines traveling longer distances could take up to five days to get to their intended destinations, instead of two or three.

Guillotine13

Yes, I also noticed delays when sending or receiving mail.
I think that now many government agencies are not working well since there is a pandemic. Everyone is sick, and there may be delays at the postal service because of this. Also, now many people are sitting at home and working. Because of this, the number of parcels has increased since people do not want to contact each other. I recently sent a parcel with cigars and whiskey to my friend for his birthday. Because I sent too much tobacco, I had to wait about a week for my parcel to be returned, and only then did I send it to a friend again, and it reached him in 10 days. After this incident, I always read articles about Mailing Facts before sending some things.