More major U.S. corporations join boycott of Alberta oilsands fuels

klein

Für Meno :)
Hmmm, this is my homeland, province and capital of the Oilsands.
That supplies well over 50% of Oil used in the United States.

If they all start boycotting, I just wonder where you'll get your oil from in the US.
Probably end up paying rich prices at the pump, like in the 70's ?

We up here, think it's pretty clean, and they do reclaim the land, and plant new trees, etc.

EDMONTON - Another four major U.S. companies are joining the move to either avoid or completely boycott fuel produced from Alberta's oilsands.

Walgreens, which has 7,500 drugstores across America, is switching fuel suppliers for its delivery trucks to those that don't make gas from oilsands crude.

As well, courier company Federal Express has promised it will consider the environmental and social impacts of the fuels it uses, although it didn't specifically mention the oilsands.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

If they all start boycotting, I just wonder where you'll get your oil from in the US.

We up here, think it's pretty clean, and they do reclaim the land, and plant new trees, etc.

EDMONTON - Another four major U.S. companies are joining the move to either avoid or completely boycott fuel produced from Alberta's oilsands.

Walgreens, which has 7,500 drugstores across America, is switching fuel suppliers for its delivery trucks to those that don't make gas from oilsands crude.

As well, courier company Federal Express has promised it will consider the environmental and social impacts of the fuels it uses, although it didn't specifically mention the oilsands.

Has no effect. The US boycotts oil from Iran but Europe buys it ... just means oil supply from somewhere else is flowed to the boycotting company.
Probably means the boycotter will pay more and the supplier will make more.
Like WC said ...

klein

Has no effect. The US boycotts oil from Iran but Europe buys it ... just means oil supply from somewhere else is flowed to the boycotting company.
Probably means the boycotter will pay more and the supplier will make more.
Like WC said ...

I was just thinking about it....
Probably the companies will suck up all the "clean oil" while the private citizens like you, get the oilsand stuff.
No biggie.

P

pickup

a Lot of People think their sh-t doesn't stink, it is a very common thing

P

pickup

Were you an odd or an even? I think I was an even.

You might think you were an even, but everyone else thinks you're ODD!

You have to admit, that was funny, you did leave yourself wide open.come on , stop that evil stare, it was just a joke.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
no i have never had a god complex like ups supervisors. i actually did not like it at all

Guess I misunderstood your usage of "fun". My bad.

Never met a good steward that did not have a power complex.
From what I have seen, not that much difference in the attitude and aggressiveness of a strong supervisor and a strong steward.

jimstud

Banned
Guess I misunderstood your usage of "fun". My bad.

Never met a good steward that did not have a power complex.
From what I have seen, not that much difference in the attitude and aggressiveness of a strong supervisor and a strong steward.
you can be strong and not have a god complex that is the difference between a steward and a supervisor

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you can be strong and not have a god complex that is the difference between a steward and a supervisor

"God complex" - that is an interesting choice of words.
It would be enlightening to me if you described the characteristics and perhaps some behaviors of someone you attribute "God complex" behaviors to.
Not sure what it means but people that I have observed with a "God" complex are usually insecure people.
People who are actually strong and have good leadership qualities do not act with an air of superiority.

jimstud

Banned
"God complex" - that is an interesting choice of words.
It would be enlightening to me if you described the characteristics and perhaps some behaviors of someone you attribute "God complex" behaviors to.
Not sure what it means but people that I have observed with a "God" complex are usually insecure people.
People who are actually strong and have good leadership qualities do not act with an air of superiority.

in my opinion the only person that should have a god complex is a heart or brain surgeon. people who i consider have a god complex are the ones who tell you what you should do , think , give your money to or what religion to believe in.

klein

Alberta to U.S.: Use the oil sands or lose them

OTTAWA -- To lift a quip from Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Arctic sovereignty policy and apply it to the American view of Alberta’s oil sands: use it or lose it.

The Chinese government pushed its shovel deep into Canada’s energy motherlode on Monday when it announced a $2-billion stake in a five-billion-barrel reserve of “dirty oil” that Americans increasingly find unworthy of fuelling their vehicles.

The 60% claim by PetroChina in two projects owned by Athabasca Oil Sands Corp., while small compared to the great gobs of capital pouring into oil sands expansion and extraction, are the global giant’s largest investment in Canadian energy yet.

And China usually buys into product it aims to consume.

Sources in Washington predict politicians there will not be pleased at having a massive supply of secure energy on their northern doorstep slipping under Chinese ownership.

Well, too bad.

The above article is almost 1 year old, but since then, Enbridge, (1 of the largest pipeline companies) has already submitted a plan to bulid a pipeline to the westcoast (for asian markets).

It's currently under review and they and the Alberta, BC provinces are holding community meetings in the towns that the pipeline will lead thru.

Probably up and flowing within 3 years or less.

P

pickup

Klein, the drunk superman lecturing American scientists who try to develop an alternative energy source in order not to have to use the oil from the Alberta oilsands.

Klein, the drunk superman lecturing American scientists who try to develop an alternative energy source in order not to have to use the oil from the Alberta oilsands.

You actually understood his garble?
It reminds me of that old Far Side cartoon. The one that says : What Klein says (

Alberta to U.S.: Use the oil sands or lose them

OTTAWA -- To lift a quip from Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Arctic sovereignty policy and apply it to the American view of Alberta’s oil sands: use it or lose it.

The Chinese government pushed its shovel deep into Canada’s energy motherlode on Monday when it announced a $2-billion stake in a five-billion-barrel reserve of “dirty oil” that Americans increasingly find unworthy of fuelling their vehicles.
The 60% claim by PetroChina in two projects owned by Athabasca Oil Sands Corp., while small compared to the great gobs of capital pouring into oil sands expansion and extraction, are the global giant’s largest investment in Canadian energy yet.
And China usually buys into product it aims to consume.
Sources in Washington predict politicians there will not be pleased at having a massive supply of secure energy on their northern doorstep slipping under Chinese ownership.
Well, too bad.
The above article is almost 1 year old, but since then, Enbridge, (1 of the largest pipeline companies) has already submitted a plan to bulid a pipeline to the westcoast (for asian markets).
It's currently under review and they and the Alberta, BC provinces are holding community meetings in the towns that the pipeline will lead thru.

Then, What we hear ( Buuurpp. Mmmmmm, beer is good. )

klein

Why shoulldn't I believe the above article ?

Just do your own research.
Alberta is fighting back.

Alberta buys $56K ad in U.S. paper

A letter from Alberta Premier Ed Stelmach touting the benefits of province's oilsands to the United States was published Friday in a paid half-page advertisement in the Washington Post.